What's new

My First 3 Cent Piece !!! ***VIDEO***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can finally check one of these tiny 3 Cent coins off of my list. After work today I hit one of my spots that I've been detecting for years. Only now I am armed with the new Tesoro Vaquero that I've been using for about a month or so. I loved the Silver uMax, but felt it was finally time to move up. This Vaquero has already proven numerous times that I have missed a lot of targets.
I started off with my very first signal being a dropped 3-ringer, followed up by a musket ball under a deep root, and then a pocket knife in a yard area I have beaten to death over the years. :thumbsup:
I then started detecting around an old oak tree close to were I had dug my very first CW bullet and Scovills button years ago.
I got a nice signal around the base of the tree, dug down about 6-7" and could see some small silver staring back at me from a clump of dirt. :o
Here's the video I shot:



Unfortunately, the coin is well worn with no date, but it looks to be the variety 1 (1851-1853). :dontknow:
To top it off it looks like I nicked it too. :( Not the best looking coin, but it sure is the smallest. I can't believe these coins were even made. No wonder they are so hard to find.
I never thought I would see the day I would dig one of these little guys. ;D
Thanks Tesoro!!!!!! :occasion14:

Thanks for looking,
MM
 

Attachments

  • DSCN5783.webp
    DSCN5783.webp
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,349
  • DSCN5784.webp
    DSCN5784.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,337
  • MVC-026S.webp
    MVC-026S.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,324
  • MVC-027S.webp
    MVC-027S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,334
  • MVC-028S.webp
    MVC-028S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,320
  • MVC-029S.webp
    MVC-029S.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,338
  • MVC-030S.webp
    MVC-030S.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,378
  • MVC-031S.webp
    MVC-031S.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,399
  • MVC-032S.webp
    MVC-032S.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1,418
  • MVC-033S.webp
    MVC-033S.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,432
  • MVC-034S.webp
    MVC-034S.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,502
Upvote 0
Oh, wow that some sweet little coin. CONGRATS!
 
River Rat said:
Oh, wow that some sweet little coin. CONGRATS!

Thanks RR. :thumbsup:
I thought a Half Dime was small until I dug this thing. The half dime is large compared to this 3 cent. :laughing9:
-Doug-
 
Nice MM,
Those guy's are little aren't they?Only ever found one myself.I see the warm weather has you stirring about. :wink: At least not many briars in that shot. :D
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Nice! Even without a date, I'd be happy with that one!
 
Timekiller said:
Nice MM,
Those guy's are little aren't they?Only ever found one myself.I see the warm weather has you stirring about. :wink: At least not many briars in that shot. :D
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Thanks Pete. :thumbsup:
I found me a nice 2 cent at this place a year or so ago. It was in great condition too.
Can you believe I was swatting mosquitos while I was digging today. Those little #@&%*@ are out already!!!
-Doug-
 
ModernMiner said:
Timekiller said:
Nice MM,
Those guy's are little aren't they?Only ever found one myself.I see the warm weather has you stirring about. :wink: At least not many briars in that shot. :D
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Thanks Pete. :thumbsup:
I found me a nice 2 cent at this place a year or so ago. It was in great condition too.
Can you believe I was swatting mosquitos while I was digging today. Those little #@&%*@ are out already!!!
-Doug-
MM,
I don't even notice them tell they get so bad you can't breath without sucking them in.Or at the end of the day your cothes look like you murdered someone from all the blood spots.And believe me they can get that bad around here when things get right for them.I think the worst for me are the flies.They can drive me to the breaking point quick when they are at their swarm mode. :laughing7:
 
They are small all 12 I have found where. :o Just kidding never found one. Congratulations on that baby. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :thumbsup:

Burdie
 
Exceptionally cool find!

All the best,

Lanny
 
Amazing :icon_thumleft:


Wanna here something funny today i got my first 3 cent piece also :laughing7:


Nice finds :icon_thumleft:



Blaze
 
Cool video and nice find! Congratulations on the trime.
 
Way to go Doug :headbang: those little dudes don't pop up often... wouldn't be surprised if another one turns up when you clear out a few more bushes :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on your first trime. Arty
 
Nice finds Doug. Those three cent pieces are small. I found one about twenty years ago and mine was pretty worn as well. Haven't found one since. You would think more of them would be found in CW sites. Again congrats on some great finds and video.
 
Timekiller said:
ModernMiner said:
Timekiller said:
Nice MM,
Those guy's are little aren't they?Only ever found one myself.I see the warm weather has you stirring about. :wink: At least not many briars in that shot. :D
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Thanks Pete. :thumbsup:
I found me a nice 2 cent at this place a year or so ago. It was in great condition too.
Can you believe I was swatting mosquitos while I was digging today. Those little #@&%*@ are out already!!!
-Doug-
MM,
I don't even notice them tell they get so bad you can't breath without sucking them in.Or at the end of the day your cothes look like you murdered someone from all the blood spots.And believe me they can get that bad around here when things get right for them.I think the worst for me are the flies.They can drive me to the breaking point quick when they are at their swarm mode. :laughing7:

Just imagine how bad this summer is going to be if we don't get a good freeze or two. Won't have any blood left for the red cross :icon_pale:

Congrats on your first trime
 
That is sweet MM.

That one is still on my list.

6 or 7 inches is impressive on something that small.

My buddy Weaver dug one at a tavern site in Bardstown about 5 years ago.

His is the only one I have seen come up in 12 years of hunting.

Congrats again for knocking that off your list.
 
Not sure which gets the most credit for that find, the chain saw or the Vaquero. I guess both opened up more area on that site. Way to go! Glenn
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom