What's new

my first barber of any variety

wkrp43

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
814
Reaction score
670
Golden Thread
0
Location
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a spot this AM that I've been hitting hard for about a week now. I had a feeling there was more. Got a good repeatable signal on this one. Mid to high seventies. About three inches down. Pics before and after baking soda......happy....happy!!

ForumRunner_20150420_124233.webp



ForumRunner_20150420_124318.webp



ForumRunner_20150420_124350.webp



ForumRunner_20150420_124426.webp



ForumRunner_20150420_124506.webp
 
Upvote 24
That thing is beautiful, isn't it? The reverse of Barber quarters are just about the nicest of American coins. Congrats!
 
Man my first barber was just a dime! Now that's a first!
 
Might as well get a big one for your first.:laughing7:


GOD Bless

Chris
 
Very well done! I have one worn lonely Barber dime, so that looks smashingly good to me! Congrats on a sweet find. GL&HH.
 
Wow that is awesome! Beautiful queen! I got a question about baking soda. I just found a arbor time yesterday in the tarnish looks like it has a beard. Does baking soda clean that as well? Here's a picture of what I mean.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429551409.594044.webp
 
I don't think it will. My son dug one with the black tarnish. It didn't help a bit.
 
Wow that is awesome! Beautiful queen! I got a question about baking soda. I just found a arbor time yesterday in the tarnish looks like it has a beard. Does baking soda clean that as well? Here's a picture of what I mean.View attachment 1149598


THAT is where electrolysis comes in.
 
How do you do that? And if so does it affect the value of the coin?
 
That is a really nice looking barber quarter, congratulations! Keep diggin !
 
How do you do that? And if so does it affect the value of the coin?



This will give you an idea what's going on..I use a phone charger,works just as well,and didn't cost anything but a little time.
 

Attachments

  • K1024_011.webp
    K1024_011.webp
    212.3 KB · Views: 94
Cool! Thank you!!!
 
That's a gorgeous coin!
 
Please Don't use Baking Soda, You can tell if the Coins has been cleaned, they come out Nice ,but then the Re-sale Value drops tremendously. If the Coin doesn't have any Value, your method is Great. I now use Boiling Hot Water and a drop of liquid Detergent, then I use a tooth pick to clean the surface-goldnugget-Charlotte
 
Last edited:
THATS A SWEET SILVER FIND !!:thumbsup:
 
What a great coin! Gratz on first barber and gratz on it being such a nice one!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom