What's new

My first Barber!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
3,492
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out today for about two hours at an 1870s house near me (same place where I got flying eagle, chinese coin, gold earring, and a bunch of other stuff) and I did a little more research and it was apparently also the site of an 1850s/60s post office, neat. So I went back today and dug for a while and mostly only found trash at first and then I got this blaring 89-96 on the ACE 300... I thought it had to be something good. I popped the plug and there it was... a clad washington. So I got back to digging and eventually switched places at the same site and found a wheatie as well as the junior ranger badge and a button or something that looked like a gold coin coming out of the ground. I was just about to leave and on my way back to the car I dug another wheatie and decided I would stay just a bit longer in the area. I dug a few more ptabs and got a nice 86-87 and when I popped plug and saw it sitting there I literally gasped... not joking lol. It was a 1898 barber quarter! My oldest silver yet, and only the fourth silver for the entire year. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
Also, the wheaties are 1936 and 41 if you were wondering.
IMG_3200.webpIMG_3197.webpIMG_3202.webpIMG_3204.webpIMG_3205.webpIMG_3194.webp
 
Upvote 92
Congrats on the Barber quarter! Still looking for my first Barber here in Oklahoma.
 
Congrats and what a beautiful coin! Wild that you found a flying eagle before a Barber lol. Keep up the good work
 
Congrats on a very nice Barber quarter. I have found a couple of those at the beach, but they were in no where near as nice as condition as yours. Hope you have continued good luck.
 
Nice job on the Barber Quarter. I like that Sheriffs badge also.
 
Congrats and what a beautiful coin! Wild that you found a flying eagle before a Barber lol. Keep up the good work
Haha yeah. I've got like a dozen big coppers but before this my oldest silver was only like 1941 or 42, oh well. I guess that's just how it is. You never know what you'll find.
 
Your first Barber and your oldest Silver all in one - how cool is that - congrats ! :occasion14:
 
Congratulations on your silver , love the badge as well
 
Sweet finds, nice Barber! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom