What's new

MY FIRST CAPPED BUST!!

CKaufman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
After 2 months or so doing research in the library and looking at two old maps of my county (1798 & 1876)and not to metion countless hours searching along the river I've finally hit pay dirt. today was perfect to be outside after above average snow, ice, and cold temps this year. found @4-5 inches.
 

Attachments

  • P1000899.webp
    P1000899.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 3,891
  • P1000902.webp
    P1000902.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,873
Upvote 0
Thats a beauty :icon_thumleft: the soil was kind to that one .Good Hunt :thumbsup:
 
My Favorite coin the capped bust. Congrats, you dont pull those out of the ground everyday. :thumbsup:
 
Awesome find. Research pays off.
Dman
 
Put it on the banner!.......that is such a cool coin! :hello2:
 
awesome find!! great patina!!
 
Banner without a doubt! Great find! :icon_thumright:
 
What an awesome half thats a beauty for sure HH BANNER
 
That's one pretty coin, an awesome first. :icon_thumright:
Votes in.
 
CKaufman said:
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but I'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.

You found this with an ACE 250, WoW great job !!?? :o Don't worry about depth yet, hunt everywhere with a normal coil first. When you have no where else to go... Hunt for the deep stuff. :icon_thumleft:

Cal_Cobra said:
That's a beautiful find and in incredible condition :thumbsup:

Looks like it would be about an EF40 AND you have the LARGE DATE variety, which according to PCGS in EF40 would go for about $650 :hello2:

HH,
Brian

I don't know how many times I have to say this. :o If you send in dug coins they will most likely come back in a body bag. :dontknow: Labled "Environmentally Damaged, Improperly Cleaned or Dug". :icon_scratch: You have very slim chance of getting a grade out of it. ??? They may say all I said before and give it EF details or something but. PCGS not a chance they will body bag it for sure... :icon_thumleft: I would not waste the money sending it in. Unless it is a special type, like the Large Date. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: Then I don't know what they would do with it. ???

It is a very nice coin and an outstanding find. I'd even say banner, but getting it graded I'd save your money. :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
Beautiful find. :o
 
OMG!!! Dang that is one of the prettiest coins I have ever seen dug!! Congrats!! Great work!!

Keep digging!!

JD
 
Way to go on the Banner Find! :notworthy: :headbang: I see you hunt around the rivers to heh! :thumbsup: Keep up the Good Work! :hello: Don't know if you know it yet but look at the Banner! :thumbsup:
 
thanks for the banner votes. I'll be back out there asap. keep you posted if I find anything else. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me go back out there today, but she's got her mind set on spring cleaning today. can't wait!
 
A great great coin ! In great great condition ! Looks real purty on the banner congradulations ! MaineRelic
 
Congrats on the banner!!
Absolutely fandamntastic find.
Coins from this era are each and every one a small piece of art.
Yes busters are my favorites.
Who would have guessed. LOL
 
Yep! What they said.....................Congrats Hogge :headbang:
 
SOOOOOOOO..... The season begins.... :notworthy: That is one hot coin! Congrats on the well deserved Banner! jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom