What's new

MY FIRST CAPPED BUST!!

CKaufman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
After 2 months or so doing research in the library and looking at two old maps of my county (1798 & 1876)and not to metion countless hours searching along the river I've finally hit pay dirt. today was perfect to be outside after above average snow, ice, and cold temps this year. found @4-5 inches.
 

Attachments

  • P1000899.webp
    P1000899.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 3,891
  • P1000902.webp
    P1000902.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,873
Upvote 0
WOW!! :headbang: That 250 is one heck of a machine for the money. Awesome find.

I may trade in the DFX for an ACE 250 :laughing9:

Happy Hunting!! :hello:
Cm2db
 
coinmaster2db said:
WOW!! :headbang: That 250 is one heck of a machine for the money. Awesome find.

I may trade in the DFX for an ACE 250 :laughing9:

Happy Hunting!! :hello:
Cm2db
It sure has been good to me!
 
CKaufman said:
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but i'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.

Check out my banner find, I found it at 8+ inches with an Ace150.
 
great coin in nice shape to gratz i say banner
 
Wow! Can't add more than that, she's a beauty.
Carl
 
Outstanding! Can't beat that! HH
 
Ho Lee Chit, what a beautiful coin..
Just checking back in here (again, after too long). I'm glad your stellar Capped Bust was the first Banner item I looked at.
Congratulations!
 
What a nice looking Coin.
 
CKaufman said:
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but i'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.

My son hunts with an Ace 250... with the stock coil 5" or 6" seems about the deepest.. I have hit relics with my DFX that ended up being deeper and could not get any kind of signal with the stock coil on the 250. I just got him the 9 x 12 coil to see how that goes.. but he will be getting my DFX when I get a V3 or TDI... a larger coil will get you more depth with a trade off if you are trying to hunt trashy areas...

MB
 
GORGEOUS! :thumbsup:CONGRATS!
 
THAT is simply amazing. A Capped Bust Half......wow.
 
That is sweeeeeeet!!!!!! Some day I'll get me a capped bust but looking that sweet sure would be a bonus! NICE! :hello2:
 
i vote banner all the way thats one nice findddddddddddddddd kansascoin hunter out :headbang: :headbang: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello: :hello: :hello: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
CONGRATS!! 25+ years hunting and all capped bust silver has eluded me and I do put myself in the old places.Maybe someday.... Looks like it may be time for an avatar change?A well deserved banner find!!! HH, Bootstrap :icon_pirat:
 
Oh, man, and a half dollar, too! WTG! That is TOTALLY awesome!

In the last 18 years I have only dug one Capped Bust coin and it was an 1829 half dime... with a hole in it.

That must have been one heck of an adrenaline rush when you found that! I know I would have probably fainted!
 
Wow that is a beauty, Congrats on the great find!! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom