What's new

MY FIRST CAPPED BUST!!

CKaufman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
After 2 months or so doing research in the library and looking at two old maps of my county (1798 & 1876)and not to metion countless hours searching along the river I've finally hit pay dirt. today was perfect to be outside after above average snow, ice, and cold temps this year. found @4-5 inches.
 

Attachments

  • P1000899.webp
    P1000899.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 3,891
  • P1000902.webp
    P1000902.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,873
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Sweet! Breezie
Breezie, I think that's the shortest post I've ever seen from you :D

I agree on the patina. Very nice!!
 
Gorgeous! And well-deserved after all your research. I was just about to say, let's get that thing up on the BANNER, and it's already there! :thumbsup: Jim
 
I can only dream of one of those right now. WTG!!!
 
Outstanding find! Have been hunting for almost 38 years and the only coin that has eluded me has been bust silver. All my hunting buddies have found them at sites we've hunted together but for some reason I just can't connect. Congradulations!
 
Way to start out on the Capped Bust. That is a feeling that will
stay with you for life. If you could bottle it you would get rich.
Congratulations on a Fantastic find and the Banner.
I love this hobby and i know you do to.
 
CKaufman said:
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but i'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.
Get an excellorator 10x14 DD I love mine my finds increased exponentially as soon as I got mine it goes DEEP.
 
What a beautiful coin. On the river huh? I need to try the rivers with a metal detector. Congratulations on a fantastic recovery :notworthy:
HH
TnMtns
 
based on the pics, you could probably get it into a regular PCGS problem-free-coin holder - not a GENUINE one. Amazing!
 
nice bust!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
That is one of the most beautiful coins I have seen. Congrats on your find and on your hard work researching the site.
 
Well I made it back out there today and found a few things including an old gold ring. it's marked 14k but i suspect its plated. I'll post some pics as soon as I get to my camera.
 

Attachments

  • P1010016.webp
    P1010016.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,288
  • P1010013.webp
    P1010013.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,272
  • P1010012.webp
    P1010012.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,263
That is one fine Capped Bust! Conrgatulations$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :icon_thumright:
 
That is a great coin......! WTG
 
a coin very nice and well kept ..... deserves the banner. :wink:
 
:headbang:

Stunning details on the beauty :o glad to have you for a BANNER Buddie :thumbsup:

SS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom