What's new

MY FIRST CAPPED BUST!!

CKaufman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
63
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
After 2 months or so doing research in the library and looking at two old maps of my county (1798 & 1876)and not to metion countless hours searching along the river I've finally hit pay dirt. today was perfect to be outside after above average snow, ice, and cold temps this year. found @4-5 inches.
 

Attachments

  • P1000899.webp
    P1000899.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 3,891
  • P1000902.webp
    P1000902.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,873
Upvote 0
Can't ask for much better than that!
 
That is a truly beautiful half. Congrats on a stellar find.
 
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but i'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.
 
CKaufman said:
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but i'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.
I'm not sayin that you arn't getting enough, expesialy not with that find, but did you sheck around the spot you found the coin and deeper to see a pocet spill or something?
 
Thats an amazing coin ya got there!! GOOD JOB!! 8)
 
Awesome find congrats.
 
jdsarasin8194 said:
CKaufman said:
Just wondering if any of you think I'm not getting enough depth to possibly reach what could be even deeper. I found a bunch of large iron and copper frags deeper than 6 inches but i'm afraid the ace 250 just doesn't go deep enough for a site this old.
I'm not sayin that you arn't getting enough, expesialy not with that find, but did you sheck around the spot you found the coin and deeper to see a pocet spill or something?
yeah I checked the hole several times just a little iron nail close by. I'll be back out there as sooooon as I can.
 
:o Wow, that's a beauty!! Congrats! :hello2:

Keep digging!
 
Sweet! Breezie
 
That's a beautiful find and in incredible condition :thumbsup:

Looks like it would be about an EF40 AND you have the LARGE DATE variety, which according to PCGS in EF40 would go for about $650 :hello2:

HH,
Brian
 
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Congradulations on such a great find !!!!!! BANNER !!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom