My first detector

K

Kentucky Kache

For that price, you can get a decent detector with a screen, and you
can still go by sound if you choose. When you start using the machine,
you'll be glad you have the screen, IMO.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd highly recommend the Tesoro Cibola. It has no meter but it's deep and fast. You can get one postpaid for $340. These have awesome resale value too.

The Cibola kills the deep coins and relics.

My Tesoro DeLeon is causing me to return to my old "hunted out" sites. With the Tesoro it's like they were never hunted. The Cibola is as deep and maybe even a little deeper than the DeLeon.

If you buy a Cibola or even a Silver uMax you'll be glad you did.

Some claim all Tesoros from the Silver uMax on up get the same depth. Personally I tend to believe this rumor.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be lots happier if you stay with the real brand name detectors like Garrett, Whites, Tesoro, Fisher. The last two have lifetime warranty's if you ever need them. Using the toy machines, you'll need a warranty soon. Minelab also makes excellent machines.

Tesoro makes excellent detectors and you don't have to view the screen or you can cover it with tape. You'll soon realize the need for a screen after you get into the hobby seriously. Trust your ears first.

OP
OP
B

backpacker

Thank you for your responses. I asked around and it seems that having a screen is the way to go. I have decided on a Garrett Ace 250 Pro. Thanks for the insight! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread