What's new

My first Louisiana Button! (Cleaned) Scarce Back mark

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still can't believe it.
I have always wanted to dig one of the elusive pelicans.
Finaly! Today was my day :hello2:
I took a much needed detecting trip today to one of my favorite spots for CW and Colonial goodies.
I got an early start to beat the heat that is almost unbearable by mid afternoon.
Normally, this is our down season here due to venomous snakes, ticks and yes, the heat.
I have been watching every one post all these great finds, and it was just eating at me to get out myself.
Most of our good fields are under crop, so I had to knock on doors to gain some permission.
I stopped at a farm and noticed the field had been freshly cut for hay.
The farmer was very nice, and he directed me to a section of the field where pottery shards appeared after a good plow.
I immediately started digging iron and a mid 1800's civilian buttons. Then another and another.
It just felt real good to get out again. Gotta Love the Minelab ETRAC!
I missed this target a few years ago with my old machine.

Now, It's back to baby duty :D

PICT0100.webp
:)
041.webp
Scarce back mark reads: Horstman's NY & PHI --- Not Late---circa 1860
 

Attachments

  • PICT0099.webp
    PICT0099.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,141
  • PICT0077.webp
    PICT0077.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,442
  • PICT0078.webp
    PICT0078.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,410
  • PICT0079.webp
    PICT0079.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,401
  • PICT0099.webp
    PICT0099.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,136
  • 042.webp
    042.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,974
Upvote 0
Have been away and just saw this on Banner :notworthy: Good things come to good people is very true.
All the finds are great but that button "Rocks". Congratulations Mike !
Now go change some diapers :laughing7:
HH
TnMtns
 
con gr ats :headbang: A find like that deserves an extra syllable :icon_thumleft: WTG :icon_thumleft:
 
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Mike sorry I missed this :'( I was away when you found that little cracker :o congrats on the BANNER well deserved :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
That is one awesome button. Congrats on making banner.

Dman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom