Woodland Detectors
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 23, 2008
- Messages
- 12,783
- Reaction score
- 143
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
I still can't believe it.
I have always wanted to dig one of the elusive pelicans.
Finaly! Today was my day
I took a much needed detecting trip today to one of my favorite spots for CW and Colonial goodies.
I got an early start to beat the heat that is almost unbearable by mid afternoon.
Normally, this is our down season here due to venomous snakes, ticks and yes, the heat.
I have been watching every one post all these great finds, and it was just eating at me to get out myself.
Most of our good fields are under crop, so I had to knock on doors to gain some permission.
I stopped at a farm and noticed the field had been freshly cut for hay.
The farmer was very nice, and he directed me to a section of the field where pottery shards appeared after a good plow.
I immediately started digging iron and a mid 1800's civilian buttons. Then another and another.
It just felt real good to get out again. Gotta Love the Minelab ETRAC!
I missed this target a few years ago with my old machine.
Now, It's back to baby duty



Scarce back mark reads: Horstman's NY & PHI --- Not Late---circa 1860
I have always wanted to dig one of the elusive pelicans.
Finaly! Today was my day

I took a much needed detecting trip today to one of my favorite spots for CW and Colonial goodies.
I got an early start to beat the heat that is almost unbearable by mid afternoon.
Normally, this is our down season here due to venomous snakes, ticks and yes, the heat.
I have been watching every one post all these great finds, and it was just eating at me to get out myself.
Most of our good fields are under crop, so I had to knock on doors to gain some permission.
I stopped at a farm and noticed the field had been freshly cut for hay.
The farmer was very nice, and he directed me to a section of the field where pottery shards appeared after a good plow.
I immediately started digging iron and a mid 1800's civilian buttons. Then another and another.
It just felt real good to get out again. Gotta Love the Minelab ETRAC!
I missed this target a few years ago with my old machine.
Now, It's back to baby duty



Scarce back mark reads: Horstman's NY & PHI --- Not Late---circa 1860
Attachments
Upvote
0
hilarious
vote is in
Congrats buddy. I've been going out nearly everyday in this heat for the past 2 months and anyone brave enough to do the same deserves to be rewarded with a GREAT find! CONGRATS buddy
:P If it were to Rain one good, hard time, we'd probably be able to find another Hampton Military Academy button at this new site were on
Oh well, what you gonna do.....
W!! The Louisiana Pelican button sure looks great up there on the banner. It make me feel proud to see something good about LA right now, despite what we're going through with the oil crisis. 






