What's new

My first official coin purchase!

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
1,122
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I strayed into my first coin shop yesterday. And got a neat idea. I went in eBay and brought a 1940 silver dime to send to my mother who is turning 79. I can joke that it was a very good minting year.
 
My minting year was 1945....
Wish her a Happy Birthday for me!
 
Nice gift, is it a graded coin? :icon_thumleft:
 
# 1. Do not upset your mother or there will be Hell to be pay.
 
What a great idea! :thumbsup:
 
Good fun!

They celebrated my mint year by changing from the wheat reverse to the Lincoln Memorial on the Cants.
 
I Still Have Proof, The Earth Shook the year I was Born !

:coffee2: s-l1600.webp
no I didn't purchase one, I just think I caused it :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Here's my first coin purchase. I got it in 1964 at the Miami coin show. I paid $5 for it. I was 10 yrs. old. Gary

DSC09207.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom