Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i got a late start today and decided to hit up a local modern park, found a few dollars in clad which was nice paid for my batteries lol. It was starting to get dark when i decided to hit up the park at the end of my street, on an old map of my city i can see there used to be a couple homes there. I got to the park just before dark got a signal and dug a memorial. The next signal i got hit the Nickel mark a few times in a row then would hit pulltab once and then nickel again i decided this would be my last dig of the night because of the light, cut a plug flipped it open and at the bottom of the hole sat a nickel i couldn't see anything on it so i grabbed my cell phone to use it for some light and could make out a V on the back. WOOHOOO :D i had just dug my first old coin. I just sat there and stared at it lol i was pretty happy to say the least. Rinsed it off when i got home and seen the date 1905 was hoping for a late 1800's but im not complaining lol haven't cleaned it really yet just rinsed it in person it looks like it still has some pretty good detail left.

HH

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,472
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,461
Upvote 0
Yes!!! Great find. I can't wait till I dig something that old. Good job!!

That is just so cool. My very first old coin was a 1911 V nickle. I was jumping for joy you will
be on a role now. ;D How long have you been M.D?
I

Novaman said:
That is just so cool. My very first old coin was a 1911 V nickle. I was jumping for joy you will
be on a role now. ;D How long have you been M.D?
I

I bought my Ace 250 back in january but here in Michigan the ground has been frozen so i have only been out here and there in the back yard for about a week and a half :D Im going to hit the park where i found it really hard tomorrow HH

Congrats on the beautiful nickle. Don't try to clean it too much. You'll lose the detail and the patina.

SusanMN said:
Congrats on the beautiful nickle. Don't try to clean it too much. You'll lose the detail and the patina.

Thanks im still really amazed that i found it, i love this hobby and having the chance to pull a coin over 100 years old just amazes me :D HH

Congrats on that oldie, and now we will be waiting for you to show us the silver! Another great rush! Good luck! FFD

This could be the start of something big....

Congratulations on your first big find. The oldies are sure to start coming in on a regular basis now. Keep us posted!

May there be many more oldies in your future...nice

Congrats on the V...the Vs that I have found are in terrible shape.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back