My first real find and it will be hard to top!

gusnuts

Mar 10, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO, PRO-POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm somewhat new to metal detecting. I bought a Fisher F2 a few years ago and have used it here and there mostly just messing around on the beach looking for rings or change with my father. The hobby started to grow on me and I really enjoyed being able to spend the time with my him so I went out and bought a AT Pro and gave him my F2. My second time out with the AT Pro I went to an old farm field that is a friend of the family's and I couldn't believe what I found. I can still hear that beautiful tone. I pulled out what looked to be a quarter but I immediately knew it was copper. After I brushed the clump off I was staring at the most beautiful large cent I have ever seen dug. The detail was incredible. Needless to say I have been hooked ever since.

Upvote 23
OP
OP
G

gusnuts

Mar 10, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO, PRO-POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm somewhat new to metal detecting. I bought a Fisher F2 a few years ago and have used it here and there mostly just messing around on the beach looking for rings or change with my father. The hobby started to grow on me and I really enjoyed being able to spend the time with my him so I went out and bought a AT Pro and gave him my F2. My second time out with the AT Pro I went to an old farm field that is a friend of the family's and I couldn't believe what I found. I can still hear that beautiful tone. I pulled out what looked to be a quarter but I immediately knew it was copper. After I brushed the clump off I was staring at the most beautiful large cent I have ever seen dug. The detail was incredible. Needless to say I have been hooked ever since.

IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Very very nice! Congrats on a great find.

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy cow that is in really nice shape for being dug. Congratulations!

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice coin.. one of the nicest I've seen posted!

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. May the detecting gods look down and make all your finds that nice. Keep Swinging!!

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Yes, you do have some pics to share, and what pics they are ! What a beautiful 1816 United States Large Cent. In 1816, my home state, Indiana entered the Union. Well done !

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couldn't ask for a better looking dug copper.

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job mate, I can only dream right now.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely beautiful Large Cent! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread