My first seated half dime!

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whats up T-Net! After work today I went to a local skate park that has about 30 acres behind it owned by the city. I've been telling myself that there's going to be something good in this area for the past three weeks, even though I have gotten nothing but old shotgun shells and bullets. I made my way to the back of the property and I get a penny dime signal and decide to dig. Once down in the hole my pin pointer told me it was in a small clump of dirt to small for coinage or so I thought. I broke it open and I found a 1861 seated half dime! OMG! This is a bunch of firsts for me first really old coin, first silver, and first seated anything! I cant believe it has a hole, but really I don't care because its so many firsts for me. LOL Thanks for looking and HH...

Last edited:
Upvote 4

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
emot.gif

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Seated Dime. It doesn't matter to me if it's holed because the hole was made by someone living long ago in history. That just adds to the story.
It's funny about the feelings we get before a hunt. Very often if I have extra positive feelings about a hunting site the results turn out well. On days when I'm not really feeling it I find nothing. It's almost like a 6th sense sometime.

OP
OP
SilverPirate

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful Seated Dime. It doesn't matter to me if it's holed because the hole was made by someone living long ago in history. That just adds to the story.
It's funny about the feelings we get before a hunt. Very often if I have extra positive feelings about a hunting site the results turn out well. On days when I'm not really feeling it I find nothing. It's almost like a 6th sense sometime.

That's the truth!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic silver!