What's new

My first Seated Quarter

PA Sleuth

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
708
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Despite a fresh layer of snow, about 1", I got out for a few hours yesterday. I was hunting a field in the general vicinity of Colonial era homes. One of my first signals was a beautiful 12-47 on the E trac. Out popped my third seated, but my first quarter, and it is beautiful, close to a VF30. (I have previously dug a dime and half dime). It is amazing how silver remains pristine in the ground, unlike the toasted Indian I dug an hour later. I can barely make out 186_, but nothing else. I also dug this interesting key. If anyone has any thoughts on what it may have gone to, I would be interested in hearing your opinion. Lastly, I dug a bent aluminum relic. I believe it to be a key fob to a private locker at a turn of the century local cigar store. I still have to do some research. Thanks for looking, and come on Spring!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454765425.053188.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454765457.885430.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454765470.641570.webp
 
Upvote 42
Congrats on your first Seated Quarter. Its a beauty. Also like the key & tag.
 
Nice savess. Congratulations on seated. Love the key also
 
A spectacular one too!
:tchest::icon_king:
 
You are a brave hunter, Sweet seated . and the key may be for a clock winder.
 
Sweet, Congrats :occasion14:
 
Great seated quarter. I love the key as well
 
Despite a fresh layer of snow, about 1", I got out for a few hours yesterday. I was hunting a field in the general vicinity of Colonial era homes. One of my first signals was a beautiful 12-47 on the E trac. Out popped my third seated, but my first quarter, and it is beautiful, close to a VF30. (I have previously dug a dime and half dime). It is amazing how silver remains pristine in the ground, unlike the toasted Indian I dug an hour later. I can barely make out 186_, but nothing else. I also dug this interesting key. If anyone has any thoughts on what it may have gone to, I would be interested in hearing your opinion. Lastly, I dug a bent aluminum relic. I believe it to be a key fob to a private locker at a turn of the century local cigar store. I still have to do some research. Thanks for looking, and come on Spring!

View attachment 1269179
View attachment 1269180
View attachment 1269181

Sweet key and the barber very nice
 
Congrats on your first seated. Can't wait to find mine.

I envy you hunting through the snow. I was actually thinking about it this morning but it's just too deep. I still have anywhere from 4-8 inches pretty much everywhere after that blizzard. I'm really feeling the treasure withdrawal today but I'm glad somebody got out there.

So congrats on another great hunt....
 
Now that's a Seated quarter!!!
 
Nice seated quarter recovery! :occasion14:
 
Very nice seated quarter. Congrats on finding your first. May it be the first of many more. It's always nice knocking one off the bucket list.
 
WOW! That is a NICE Seated quarter. Heck, all those finds are cool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom