What's new

My first SILVER and its HUGE and MINTY

hunterinthesky

Full Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 - DX-1 Pinpointer
My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

I love reading everyone's story on how they found silver(s). I often wondered "when will I post my silver find?" Well today was the day. I went out with the expectation of mastering my DFX and finding clad etc.
I went to an old church near my area (permission granted) and decided to swing for clad and perhaps relics. After 2 hrs of swinging I lapped up $1.15 in clad and my ....what I thought was the find of the day...a heart-shaped watch. Pretteee good, pretteeee pretteee good.

Now here comes the typical part.

I decided to head back to car "swinging" of course. I hit upon a reading of 89 on the MD. Well why not probably another aluminum can. I pushed my "mauler" in about 4" and knelt down and a blazing disc faces me. Wow a token of some sort. NO! Without even cleaning the dirt off I read 1833 and a lady's head. This coin looked like it was planted it was so immaculate! Even the soil was pure! All this only 10 yards from getting in to my car.

I thought I would gradually get to this type of find. Perhaps getting a worn barber first before getting something like this! Well coin is so mint that many of you may think it was planted. But alas, this was found in the ground untouched for 175 years. Thank you DD777 and Eu-Citizen for your conversations and encouragement. Hope to share more in the years to come.
 

Attachments

  • TENET 2 001.webp
    TENET 2 001.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,480
  • TENET 2 002.webp
    TENET 2 002.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,436
  • TENET 2 003.webp
    TENET 2 003.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,439
Upvote 0
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Wow!!

Nice Silver!!! :)
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

WOW!!!!!!! What a sweet coin!!!! Big congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Holly smokes what a find...well now everything else id down hill from here ;D, jk...I'm sure you will find many more great things if this is how you start of! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Fabulous! There have been a handful of Bust Halves posted lately; yours just might join another one on the banner.
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

WOW...nicely done! I love those "I was on my way back to the car" finds. That how I found my 2nd 8 reale and my 1 reale.

Congrats!
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Wow.

Speechless.

Joe.
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Speechless is right......that's amazing!
Congrats!!
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

:o Unbelievable, :o wow awesome find!! :o Why the heck can't that happen to me?? ??? I have been hunting for four(4) years I have found no Silver Half Dollars or Dollars. :icon_scratch:

Great job, :thumbsup:
Keep @ it and HH!! ;D
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Wow! That's a great find and in great shape. Glad you had a superb hunt, and thanks for sharing it with us!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Holy smokes what a beautiful coin. It'll be hard to top that one. :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Very nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Wo nice!!
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Thats one sweet looking silver half. It doesn't get much better than that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Thank you to all with the responses I am reading every one of them. This is awesome :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

WOW
 
WOW

Superb find

Now you are hooked...I mean addicted for life!!!

Congrat
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Wow, wish all my back to the car finds were that good. WTG
JDD
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Very, Very nice half, Congrats, Jimbob
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom