What's new

My first SILVER and its HUGE and MINTY

hunterinthesky

Full Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 - DX-1 Pinpointer
My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

I love reading everyone's story on how they found silver(s). I often wondered "when will I post my silver find?" Well today was the day. I went out with the expectation of mastering my DFX and finding clad etc.
I went to an old church near my area (permission granted) and decided to swing for clad and perhaps relics. After 2 hrs of swinging I lapped up $1.15 in clad and my ....what I thought was the find of the day...a heart-shaped watch. Pretteee good, pretteeee pretteee good.

Now here comes the typical part.

I decided to head back to car "swinging" of course. I hit upon a reading of 89 on the MD. Well why not probably another aluminum can. I pushed my "mauler" in about 4" and knelt down and a blazing disc faces me. Wow a token of some sort. NO! Without even cleaning the dirt off I read 1833 and a lady's head. This coin looked like it was planted it was so immaculate! Even the soil was pure! All this only 10 yards from getting in to my car.

I thought I would gradually get to this type of find. Perhaps getting a worn barber first before getting something like this! Well coin is so mint that many of you may think it was planted. But alas, this was found in the ground untouched for 175 years. Thank you DD777 and Eu-Citizen for your conversations and encouragement. Hope to share more in the years to come.
 

Attachments

  • TENET 2 001.webp
    TENET 2 001.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,480
  • TENET 2 002.webp
    TENET 2 002.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,436
  • TENET 2 003.webp
    TENET 2 003.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,439
Upvote 0
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Congrats on such a Super find, Continued Success in the field always.
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

just plain sick congrats.
I cant wait for a seated coin let alone a bust.
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

She is simply beautiful,how long did you kneel there with that big piece of silver in your hand and say to yourself "holy $hit!?!?" I'd have a hard time keeping my hands off that one!! Fantastic!
Jerry
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Awesome ! Did you recheck the hole?
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Holy cow, I'm too humbled to post my mercs and roosies now. Congrats on a banner find. :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

pickman said:
Awesome ! Did you recheck the hole?
Indeed I did. Thouroughly. While riding home, I wanted to check a third time. ???
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Congrat's and what a Beaut!!!!!!......I hope this doesn't spoil you too quick :thumbsup:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Hunter: :thumbsup: Congrats on the beautful old lady....bet she could tell some stories.

Keep digging!
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

That's a fantastic find-a first silver you'll never forget for sure :icon_sunny:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Hunter - FANTASTIC!!!!! How long were you doin' the happy dance before someone had to stop you? :D

I would have been bouncin' off the walls! Certainly a most excellent find - you should be hitting that churchyard pretty hard - see what else you can pull up!

Congrats buddy... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 240px-Good_Times_Title_Screen.webp
    240px-Good_Times_Title_Screen.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,038
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Wow!!! That coin is incredible! Congrats on such a beautiful find. :)
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Incredible find. That comes but once or twice in a lifetime. I had a similar experience but my find was an1859 seated half. Love your avatar. Have you ever looked at Orion through a good telescope? I have an 8 inch Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. Orion is breathtaking to say the least and one of the best nebulas to see.
Chris
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

AWESOME! WOW! That is a GREAT find!

I only found one Capped Bust in my career...1835 half dime. :)

Kirk
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

I'm just going to say it out right in the terms I've used since I was a kid. If I found something like that with a metal detector, I would $**+ a squealing worm right on the spot!!!!
That's beyond words!

WTG,
Ramapirate
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

That is so awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Continued HH,

Dr. Ace
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

That's what it's all about! Outstanding find! :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Hello there! Dang I was surprised to see my name on this post! ;D

Congrats on a beauty of a coin!

I think I shared some of my DFX programs to you? lol I talk to so many I can't remember half of them. :tongue3:

If I did how did they work well? If not send me a PM, I can send you a few. :thumbsup:

Congrats,
Eu
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

Beautiful coin man,

I love my Dfx. Have owned it for 7 yrs now. You got the right idea. Hunt for as much clad as you can for awhile until you learn the tone's and vdi numbers.

I can tell it was dug just by the very hair line scratches on the coin. The dirt does that to them when rincing it off. I'd have to say that one has been there for a 160 yrs if not longer.

HH Jer
 
Re: My first SILVER and it's HUGE and MINTY

:hello2: What a coin!! Congrats on that AWESOME 1/2 Dollar, STUNNING :hello2:
Glenn
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom