What's new

My first silver for the year a 1918s Standing Liberty. My first Standing!

justdigging50

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
426
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Found my first silver for the year. My first Standing Liberty. It's a workout swinging the 10x12 SEF on the etrac in the snow. Finding the silver makes it a little easier. I was using Andy Sabisch's coin program, sensitivity manual 30, audio response pitch hold. The coin was about 4/5 inches deep.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 143.webp
    Picture 143.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 763
  • Picture 152.webp
    Picture 152.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 737
  • Picture 153.webp
    Picture 153.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 748
  • Picture 143.webp
    Picture 143.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 732
  • Picture 152.webp
    Picture 152.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 730
  • Picture 153.webp
    Picture 153.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 727
Upvote 0
Killer Standing.... What a great find.. jgas :thumbsup:
 
Sweet coin...
 
Umm... ???

Ok, dose that 8 look a little sharp for an 8 ? :icon_scratch: Could this be a 1918 over 1917... :dontknow:

Great find, regardless.. :o I've never found a SLQ !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Umm... ???

Ok, dose that 8 look a little sharp for an 8 ? :icon_scratch: Could this be a 1918 over 1917... :dontknow:

Great find, regardless.. :o I've never found a SLQ !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
I agree Mud SWAT It just could be an 8 over 7 If it it is a real good one! Take that coin to a dealer have hi look at it !! MaineRelic.
 
MaineRelic said:
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Umm... ???

Ok, dose that 8 look a little sharp for an 8 ? :icon_scratch: Could this be a 1918 over 1917... :dontknow:

Great find, regardless.. :o I've never found a SLQ !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
I agree Mud SWAT It just could be an 8 over 7 If it it is a real good one! Take that coin to a dealer have hi look at it !! MaineRelic.
I'm fairly sure it probly is... look at the 8 the middle it looks to be filled in.. also the 18 over 17 are only on the 1918 s like what was found....
 
I agree looks a bit like an 18 over 17 to me too, definitely let a pro look at that! Great find
 
Nice SLQ and I hope it is a 1918/7-s. There is something different about the eight on your coin.
Look at this one.
 

Attachments

  • rogers%201918%20s.webp
    rogers%201918%20s.webp
    26 KB · Views: 569
very nice congrats :headbang:
 
Sweet! I've only found two myself, but it was a heck of a thrill both times. Congrats on your first SLQ!!!!

Ray
 
:thumbsup: On Miss standing Libby! Breezie
 
Great Job,

BEAUTY BEAUTY BEAUTY!!

Crackbadger
 
Very nice find! I hope it is the 8 over 7 version! Looks in really nice shape too!! I'm jealous!! :thumbsup:
 
I have wanted to find a SLQ very badly since I began detecting about 3 yrs. ago!!!! Every time I see one found here on T-net it inspires me. So, keep em coming!!!! :hello2:
 
Ok, :icon_thumleft:

So now you understand you could have a $1600 coin. :o I suggest sending into PCGS or ANACS or one of the good grading compaines. :read2: Let us know what they tell you. ??? ;D

Awesome find !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
Thanks for the feed back guys. I've looked at it pretty good I don't think it's a 8 over 7. I'll take it to the coin dealer to make sure.
It's a sweet coin to find, I love the Standing Liberty Coin.
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Ok, :icon_thumleft:

So now you understand you could have a $1600 coin. :o I suggest sending into PCGS or ANACS or one of the good grading compaines. :read2: Let us know what they tell you. ??? ;D

Awesome find !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
If it is a 18 over 7 I think it's worth more then 1600.00 Mud
 
Cool find, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom