My First Silver

StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I returned to the picnic grove that I had found 5 wheat pennies in earlier this month. I had another good, smooth blip on my whites 6000. I dug through some tree roots and lots of rocks until I reached 6 inches deep, just as my depth meter indicated. I scooped out a handful of dirt and ran it across my loop with a blip. As I slowly let some dirt out of my hand, I saw the bright silver shine and knew immediately it was silver. After only two weeks metal detecting, I found my first silver. A 1923 mercury dime in pretty good condition. Boy am I hooked.

Attachments

• image-3783221911.jpg
    image-3783221911.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 107
  • image-79720659.jpg
    image-79720659.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 3
sweet. congrats! here's to finding many more :occasion14:

Way To Go on your first Silver! Keep at it and you will have many more great keepers to show off! :icon_thumleft:

Congrats on your first silver. :icon_thumright: May it be the first of many.

HH

Sweet!!!! Way to go.

To me we have never made a coin any nicer than the mercury. Great first silver. She is a keeper.
HH
TnMtns

nice find congrats on your 1st silver im hard on the hunt for my 1st silver i hope to score tomorrow

It`s a great feeling finding that first silver, my first was a 1942 Merc.

Last edited:
Congrats on your first Silver,many more to come your way:icon_thumright:WTG,,HH

Congrats! My mine and my daughters first find was a mercury dime (1941) also. We found it about 2 weeks ago. Like you we are hooked also!

Well, I returned to the picnic grove that I had found 5 wheat pennies in earlier this month. I had another good, smooth blip on my whites 6000. I dug through some tree roots and lots of rocks until I reached 6 inches deep, just as my depth meter indicated. I scooped out a handful of dirt and ran it across my loop with a blip. As I slowly let some dirt out of my hand, I saw the bright silver shine and knew immediately it was silver. After only two weeks metal detecting, I found my first silver. A 1923 mercury dime in pretty good condition. Boy am I hooked.

my first silver was a merc also! Now all ur gonna think of is "how do i find the next" lol:icon_thumleft:

Nice find man....My first silver was a 1923 Peace Dollar...talk about finding something to get you "hooked"..that was all it took and now two other guys from the area and myself go detecting just about every weekend.

Have fun and Happy Hunting.

Where are you located in PA. I am from Lancaster County.

Congrats on your first silver! There is no turning back now!!!

luzerne county here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back