Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
i toss back any quarter that is not pre 1964, but if you want to keep the georgia states, go right ahead!
hh
buff

got the red book out - georgia is not worth anything more than the rest of the lot..

Tennesee is the only one that has any premium. and....that is just on the redbook, it doesn't always translate to cash in hand.

The wisconson has a rare die flaw - that would be an extra leaf on the ear of corn on the reverse. So, in conclusion. TOSS 'em back!!!

i toss back any quarter that is not pre 1964, but if you want to keep the georgia states, go right ahead!
hh
buff
How many 1965-1968 silver Canadians got past you:laughing7:?

But seriously, the extra leaf Wisconsin's quarters are worth to look after along with proof state quarters.

You aren't going to see results with quarters. Try dimes or other denominations.

i've never gotten a canadian quarter in my quarter rolls, but I do keep all foreign coins found in rolls- i've gotten a few 1968 canadian dimes, all non-silver since they stuck to the magnet.

How many 1965-1968 silver Canadians got past you:laughing7:?

But seriously, the extra leaf Wisconsin's quarters are worth to look after along with proof state quarters.

hh
buff
You keep only the pre 1964's? You are aware that the 1964's are also 90% silver right?

I know what you meant just messin with you Buff

The wisconsin extra leaf quarters (15,000 accidentally released of each, low and high variety) can mainly be found in TX and AZ. I found the low leaf variety in TX after searching about two and a half boxes of quarters. Still my most valuable find CRH to date (they go for about $100 in the condition I found it).

With quarters it's all about volume. In that same two and a half boxes of quarters I only found one silver. I've gone through three more boxes since and no silver. People do find them thought, and they're a lot of fun when you do find them. So, if you can only do $100 worth of roll hunting at a time, your best bet is something like dimes or pennies where you have a better shot at finding something you're looking for. just my two cents

T So, if you can only do $100 worth of roll hunting at a time, your best bet is something like dimes or pennies where you have a better shot at finding something you're looking for.

You can search nickels too, even better than dimes or cents.

I'm sure they would take a Shield nickel if it popped up ....

nickels are my favorite! id suggest them to someone on a budget. usually one war nickel per box, along with a couple dozen pre '60 nickels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back