What's new

My first two ring day

chip12977

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
113
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been going to a local lake swimming area since the beginning of summer pulling out tons of Bobby pins, sinkers, hooks, you name it. Well cleaning that place of trash for the past few months is finally paying off. Today I found to rings and .40 within an hour of being there, then I had to go cause my kid got cold.

One is Sterling and the gold one has no markings so I'm guessing its fake
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130802_151514.webp
    ForumRunner_20130802_151514.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
I have been going to a local lake swimming area since the beginning of summer pulling out tons of Bobby pins, sinkers, hooks, you name it. Well cleaning that place of trash for the past few months is finally paying off. Today I found to rings and .40 within an hour of being there, then I had to go cause my kid got cold.

One is Sterling and the gold one has no markings so I'm guessing its fake

Still nice finds
 
don't assume because there are no markings that it is not real. get it tested! good hunt
 
Here is the picture, its not showing for me

ForumRunner_20130802_185923.webp
 
As others have said, don't assume that it is fake because it isn't marked. Sometimes the marks wear off, sometimes they are lost when a ring is sized. Gold test kits are relatively inexpensive and very handy to have. I test all of my rings, marked or not. I found a ring marked 18k last week that turned out to be completely fake and not even gold, and it isn't the first time it's happened.
 
looks reel from my house, go get it tested !
 
A lot of nugget rings are cast ( made of gold) but not marked. Have it tested.
 
Yup, you need a test kit....ebay...very inexpensive. Still.......very nice finds.
 
I had two gold rongs made from some scrap. When the maker combined 14K and 10K he did not mark the rings.
 
nice finds, there's more there!
 
Nice rings. I'll bet it's real, good luck.
:occasion14:
 
Well I got it checked 14k, my first yellow gold ring!
 
Nice haul Chip! Congrats on the gold!!
 
Thanks everyone, I sold that gold ring, a gold charm, and a very small 10k ring for $180.00.
I finally provide to my wife that our hobby pays! :)
 
Keep that on the down low.....my wife doesn't know yet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom