What's new

My First

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first (point) I ever found. I was fishing in a river and looked down in the water and saw this. I thought it was a leaf and it wasnt. My question is on this...is it a point or a tool? I have yet to see or find another like it.Its water worn. Found in N. Ga
 

Attachments

  • 100_2380.webp
    100_2380.webp
    128.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_2381.webp
    100_2381.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_2383.webp
    100_2383.webp
    111.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
looks like a flake to me

Very possible cause I was looking at it and there is a bulb on the side. Funny when you first start hunting how things look different. I did however find a scraper with it.
 
I agree that it may be a flake, but I do not see any man made flaking. What does the scraper look like?
 
The scraper is a hafted stem style but is pinkish quartzite. A very different quality. No pic as of rite now maybe tomorrow.
 
Well here is my first scraper also. It has tumbles through the river for a long time by the edges.
Anyone else have their first still? If so you can post it here.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2384.webp
    100_2384.webp
    152.6 KB · Views: 97
Man, I'm not seein either one as anything. Pics don't do justice to things sometimes though.
 
Same here. I just didn't say anything earlier because I felt bad.
 
Same here. I just didn't say anything earlier because I felt bad.

You feel bad? They were both found in a river. I know the edges are damaged from tumbling around the water and other rocks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom