psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole Grubstake said:
What did it read on your detector? lol Is there a bone scale on the detector?
Grubby

It reads in the "Oh Sh*t" range on the detector........thought for a minute I'd be sharing my secret MD'ing location with the Police :D :D :D no just kidding...........seems like there is a rod or a pin inside which the lower jaw is affixed to.....the lower jaw is free moving...... and upon close examination through a hole in the base of the skull it appears to have been motorized.....perhaps part of a hand puppet or similar toy.....any thoughts on the matter, to help further identify this little piece of horror ???

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had a flashback to my senior year in H.S. when a couple of my buds "borrowed" the skeleton from the bio lab and tried to hide it in a locker. Of course, it didn't fit, so, in a bit of a panic, we threw a coat over it (so no one would notice ;D) and ended up ditching it in the shed at the back of the school where the lawnmowers were kept. Imagine the look on the caretaker's face when he discovered "Mr. Bones". My guess about your skull is a teenage prank gone awry.

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
I seem to remember back in the late 70's there were some candies sold in plastic skulls similair to this one but they didnt have as great of detail. Maybe youll find some skittles in the old brain bucket. Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread