What's new

My Mother. Taken in 1898

Ray S S

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings, We were looking at some old family photos and came across this one of my mother and thought
I would post it here. Notice the style of baby buggy. She lived to be 87 before the Lord called her home.

Ray
 

Attachments

  • My mother-Taken in 1898.webp
    My mother-Taken in 1898.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 254
Fantastic photo! Get a good professional to frame that properly and hang her up! Those old carriages sure were cool looking weren't they? Imagine mothers walking down the street in thier long dresses pushing thier baby's carriage, stopping to chat with thier neighbor and getting the lastest town gossip,lol. And here we are all those years later digging up thier old dress hem weights and it's fun!! Thanks for sharing. :angel10: :angel10:<our mama's.
:love9: :love9: :love9: MISS YOU MAMA :love9: :love9: :love9:
 
Thanks for sharing, great old pic, I lost my Mom this year age 91.

fossis...........
 
Thank you Charlie.

Hello, Tink You are describing a pleasant and interesting scene there. My mother was married and raised two
daughters before she met and married my father. Her first husband died in a motorcycle accident when the
girls were in their teens. They were grown up and married before my father came along and married her.
So my younger sister and I came along late in life for her. When I was about 4 1/2, my father died of cancer.
So then she ended up raising her second family by herself, too. I know she had it kind of hard keeping us alive
and well, but she came through with flying colors and I wouldn't trade her for any two 'parents with the best
of times'. She kept us and taught us well. I know she has the best of everything now and is very happy.

Thank you for your reply.

Ray
 
Hello, Highlander, Yes I will. It was in an old photo album that my aunt gave me when I was a kid with some old
family pics in it and I added more as I was growing up.

Fossis, May she rest in peace.

Thank you both for your replies.

Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom