What's new

My New Display-Still A Work In Progress

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,431
Reaction score
72,650
Golden Thread
0
I bought a nice wooden pirate ship to use as part of a display, all wood and all hand painted, 26 inches long 9 inches wide. I am using it to make my display for my beach hunting finds.....

First here is just the ship.... It is made out of oak and cherry, even the deck is minature oak planks and then ship was hand painted.

P1000355-1.jpg



.

P1000357.jpg



..

P1000353.jpg



....

P1000354-1.jpg




...


P1000360-1.jpg


....

P1000359-1.jpg



.....

Here is ship in the display I am working on, again it is still a work in progress....


.......

P1000365.jpg


The bag of $! coins came mostly from the The Great Southern Beach Shootout hunts held at Daytona beach for 5 years..... They were seeded finds...........
.......


P1000361.jpg



.......

Night light white


P1000363.jpg



Night light blue

P1000363.jpg




......







.......
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quite the display....I hope all your guests and neighbors are honest folks....could be rather tempting to make off with the booty...lol

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I like that!! :headbang:

Very creative!!

Lorraine
 
That's Awesomer!
I thought of doing something similar but having it out in the open made me a tad bit nervous.
 
Put some wind behind those sails and point it in my direction! Great looking display! The only thing I see that needs to be finished is more gold! Lol!
 
Neat idea !!!, I would fill tank with salt water and put nemo and dory in their
 
A True sign of a Pirate, Displaying the Booty
 
Last edited:
Very nice pictures, Congratulations!!
 
Awesome display case T hunter, nice booty rings and things.:icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks all.......It's still a work in progress, LOL come to think of it it will always will be a work in progress as there will never be enough gold in it... Wife wouldn't give up the diamond rings I found and gave here... :icon_scratch:, something about they are hers now...LOL.. Still have gold earrings, and some other gold to go in it, working on way to display all of it....

For someone to take anything out they would need a ladder or chair to stand on to reach in..... I'm going to have a new piece of plexglass cut to fit the top and make a lock for it so it can be locked..... All my kids are grown and gone so no little fingers around now. I'm not worried about security on it right now...
 
That is a great idea. I have never seen a display like it. Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
 
Black Beard would be proud!! Nice work and display.
 
Ive almost bought a ship a couple of times this Summer to display my finds but never thought about putting it in a tank. Great idea. Ive got a 30 gallon tank thats not being used. Nice display TreasureHunter.
 
WTG,very nice and creative display,love that pirate ship:hello: as well looking very Historical:icon_thumright:,,HH
 
Thanks all.... I just ordered a 3 tier ring display for the rings and earrings.... Should be here in a week or so..... I will be adding to it as I find ways to display all the stuff I currently have in my pirate chest..... Un fortunately the ship is so big that it has to sit in the center of the tank so I have to display around it....
 
Last edited:
Very cool TH! The light really shows it off nicely.

sent from a potato...
 
Here it is now..

c0f12ac35cde985ae456cda2e3daeb41.jpg


96bb995ea88c284903d2ff947dfc578a.jpg
 
Wheres the fish? No room for the fishes.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
That's super TH! I like it...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom