What's new

My oldest coin today

williedigit

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
463
Reaction score
1,335
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and WHITES SILVER EAGLE also MINELAB 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473117149.139328.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473176000.641644.webpits a King George II 1729-1754 date thanks to screwy newy and a colonial home site after we hunted my fields and didn't find a lot there sorry it's not a Queen Ann Dang it but I still will claim it my second KG in the Leland Area
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473117157.174229.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473117157.174229.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Upvote 28
DANG NICE FIND...
 
Congrats on pulling another colonial copper from one of my sites :icon_thumright:. I am not sure if you don't have another KGII halfpenny - which isn't a bad thing at all. The bottom of the bust doesn't look quite as arched as the example of the Queen Ann halfpenny. But I could definitely be wrong.
 
A Queen Anne copper would be a banner find. They are exceptionally rare. I've found 3 William III and 4 KG1's, but never a QA. IMHO it's a KG2.
 
Congratulations on your find. I think the guys are right though. Still awesome.
 
I think KG also, congrats on a nice old copper
 
Rare find, , what can you do to bring out more details.
Congratulations
 
Congrats. That's a great find!
 
It's a George II Young head, so 1729-1739. And it's probably a halfpenny and not a Farthing... which you added the picture of.
 
Nice old copper recovery! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom