My Oldest Token/Coin Yet!!!!!! *1669* New pics.New camera!

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Oldest Token/Coin Yet!!!!!! *1669*

This is it tneters,finished my cleaning.These are the buttons,and buckle pieces.Only thing missing from hunt are a couple of pieces of shot.I have some of them posted already here.Interresting deal with them as well.Take a look!
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,270413.0.html

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5,390
  • 000_0280.jpg
    000_0280.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 5,375

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

carolinachief said:
This is truly rare history. It needs to be on the Banner.

Indeed, not sure why its not up there already :icon_scratch:

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awesome token looks like your on a good spot there.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mackaydon said:
This token represents one of the rare 'missing links' in English coinage history; definitely worthy of the BANNER.
Don.....
I don't know why Don,Don't know what it takes.Found a bottle from this era fully entact no chips, cracks, perfect and bison skull cap that dated 20,000 to 250,000 years old here on the coast.I thought that was purdy good too.Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong :dontknow:.Maybe better things found not aware of.I'm sure they have a reason.And like I said with the bottle it's banner to me anyhow.No big deal.
Timekiller! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

collector01 said:
awesome token looks like your on a good spot there.
Thanks collector 01.I think I'm going to be doing something to top this one.But also know that you just keep grinding at it and something good will come of it.Going to have to make myself THINK +ive.
Timekiller!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent job on the token! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Buckles and buttons are very nice too.
You get my Banner vote.

HH

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The first exciting thing is that the token dates so early--and found here in the states.

Second thing is that it is in GREAT shape--which means it was lost here in the 1600s!

Third is that it is worth some good money.

I would say on historical basis alone that this belongs on the banner. The last photo you posted of the token is your banner photo. And great work cleaning those buckles. :thumbsup:

Cheers, and a Banner nomination from me.

-Buckles

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
The first exciting thing is that the token dates so early--and found here in the states.

Second thing is that it is in GREAT shape--which means it was lost here in the 1600s!

I would say on historical basis alone that this belongs on the banner. The last photo you posted of the token is your banner photo. And great work cleaning those buckles. :thumbsup:

-Buckles
Thanks there Buck,You'll like how I cleaned them.I read your post awhile back on cleaning buttons and have since put it to use many times.Thanks for that as well.Seems to work the best on all my things.
Timekiller!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

Exactly, this would be a twisted site, if spanish silver/my gold coin is seen as more special than the story this one tell about an early settler!!! ( you can imagine a Yorkshire coal miner who smoked alot & went to find his fortune in the US by leaving in a boat from Liverpool arriving in....etc..)
I have had about 100 17th C tokens over the 20 years I have detected. I know someone writing a book on these. But I have never found a 'Penny' type & never realised they exsisted. This would be a very rare find in the UK, why is it not up there?

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

Exactly, this would be a twisted site, if spanish silver/my gold coin is seen as more special than the story this one tell about an early settler!!! ( you can imagine a Yorkshire coal miner who smoked alot & went to find his fortune in the US by leaving in a boat from Liverpool arriving in....etc..)
I have had about 100 17th C tokens over the 20 years I have detected. I know someone writing a book on these. But I have never found a 'Penny' type & never realised they exsisted. This would be a very rare find in the UK, why is it not up there?
Wow Cru,That is a very Humbling remark you made.But your gold coin belongs there and the spanish coins.But that was why I was thinking it hadn't made it.Just thought they had found some over there.Now I really don't know why it hasn't.Glad to know about that.
Timekiller!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

Wow Cru,That is a very Humbling remark you made.But your gold coin belongs there and the spanish coins.But that was why I was thinking it hadn't made it.Just thought they had found some over there.Now I really don't know why it hasn't.Glad to know about that.
Timekiller!

These tokens were produced by 1 shop in Leeds with extremely low mintages. It was illegal at the time to do so, but the Govt. turned a blind eye as they were unable to plug the gap in small change.
Even if you detected around Leeds where these are mostly likely to have been lost (as they were only spendable in that shop alone), you could search for 10 years without getting one!

PS. Try & find one on-line for sale, you wouldn't be able to unless lucky.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

Timekiller!

These tokens were produced by 1 shop in Leeds with extremely low mintages. It was illegal at the time to do so, but the Govt. turned a blind eye as they were unable to plug the gap in small change.
Even if you detected around Leeds where these are mostly likely to have been lost (as they were only spent in that shop only), you could search for 10 years without getting one!

PS. Try & find one on-line for sale, you wouldn't be able to unless lucky.
Unreal Cru,I guess I'm really starting to grasp how rare it is then.I really want to thank you for speaking with me on this find.Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Much Thanks! :thumbsup:
Timekiller!

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I say Banner :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :hello2: WTG on that coin/token

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE

Truly incredible, you can just about smell his pipe burning. History is just oozing from that token. A find of a lifetime it would appear, but you have some to go from the sound of things. Now anything else seems like childs play. BRAVO...BANNER, BANNER :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

BW

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles
Thanks there Buck,You'll like how I cleaned them.I read your post awhile back on cleaning buttons and have since put it to use many times.Thanks for that as well.Seems to work the best on all my things.
Timekiller!

Glad I could help. BIG congrats on such great finds. :thumbsup: :hello2:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Tneters, I don't feel this is going to make the "banner".And truly don't know why! :icon_scratch: So before I say something that I probably will regret later, I would like to thank all of you who thought as much about it as I did, and voted for it. Even if it made banner now, I think the thrill wouldn't be the same. Looks like something like this would of been at least something for the future Tneters to have known about. Maybe I'm wrong to think this way, but I think it's going to be a shame to just let this slip out of site out of mind.Not trying to stomp on no ones toes. Whats in the banner already deserves to be there, it was voted on by you. But for that matter, I see things right on here this week in my opinion that needs to be there too - 1665 cob pieces,gold cuff links from colonial era, etc. I mean come on now this type of stuff took work, research, and alot of luck to find in my opinion. They don't just pop out all the time and I don't expect them to. Alot is already gone forever, never to be found again,or never to be learned about etc. I think I've held my cool saying this so if I'm wrong so be it.You know sometimes you just feel like you have to say something or you'll bust. Well thats me right now.
Timekiller!
Disreguard this post guy's.I have since found out the picks aren't good enough.And want to apoligize for the statement I made.Nothing to do with them.(Camera)
Timekiller!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread