My own little corner of the world - My Metal Detecting world that is.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my new detectors that I have purchased over the last 1 1/2 months. I have two (2) more coming and I'm going to have to rearrange some things to get them to fit on this rack. These are loaner detectors, except for the Simplex+, that I let family and friends use when we go out hunting. So far I've started 11 people metal detecting along with making some metal detector business(es) money. :)

Here's the picture:
My Corner of the World_0002.JPG

Cheers.
-DH-

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow DH how many machines is enough? I only have 3 on hand, a water machine, my main machine, and a loaner. When I stop using a machine I sell it before it depreciates too much. I think some of ya'll have more fun playing with new toys, than saving history. You have 3 camera's to? Do you post videos? My wife bought me a high dollar go-pro set up after my 2nd year, thinking all metal detectorist have a youtube channel. I told her I rather live today than to edit yesterday's living for others to watch. I traded the set-up to my daughter for a cheaper video camera that I seldom use. I do appreciate a few of those MDers who do post up videos, I watched plenty when I just got into the hobby both for machine reviews and to see how other hunt and and see their target retrieval techniques.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, I thought I had too many! I'm in the process of selecting some of my excellent conditioned detectors to sell. :dontknow:

Very nice setup area you have started!

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow DH how many machines is enough? I only have 3 on hand, a water machine, my main machine, and a loaner. When I stop using a machine I sell it before it depreciates too much. I think some of ya'll have more fun playing with new toys, than saving history. You have 3 camera's to? Do you post videos? My wife bought me a high dollar go-pro set up after my 2nd year, thinking all metal detectorist have a youtube channel. I told her I rather live today than to edit yesterday's living for others to watch. I traded the set-up to my daughter for a cheaper video camera that I seldom use. I do appreciate a few of those MDers who do post up videos, I watched plenty when I just got into the hobby both for machine reviews and to see how other hunt and and see their target retrieval techniques.

Well... I'm replacing 3 of my 4 competition detectors but, these hanging here, as I mentioned, are loaners (except for the Simplex+) and I really enjoy family hunts and taking friends out to teach them how to metal detect. I mentioned in another post that I have 4 competition detectors coz I'm lazy and don't want to keep programming 1 or 2 detectors during competitions - I like to grab and go so I'm not wasting any time since I tend to spend more time gabbing than I do getting ready for the next event. :) Shhh... I do like to play with my new toys as well. [chuckle]

The cameras were sent to me to review during my White Water Kayak trips so I decided to put them to good use during my off season. I'll keep one for MDing and the others will go back on my Kayaks. I don't have a YouTube channel any longer. I gave up Social Media a very long time ago - just about the time Gaggle (spelled that way on purpose) started buying up different platforms. Now I just video for the fun of it. I haven't checked into seeing if I can post them here without a link to Social Media. If I decide to do that, I will check into if it can be done at that time - I get a laugh out of some of my own video digs thinking, what in the heck was I thinking when I dug "that" up?

I still watch a video review once in a while to see if I'm making a good choice when buying a detector. My last two for this year are the Teknetics Patriot and the Vanquish 540. These two and my Simplex+ will be my go-to detectors for competitions when I get used to them. Admittedly, too many detectors does get confusing trying to remember how each one works and sounds but, I have PTSD and it's a real problem trying to remember settings that I use for everyday and competition use. I tend to mix them up if I'm not careful. I do keep a notebook of my settings for each detector for different types of hunting, albeit, the Simplex+ makes it simple to pick a setting and go as long as I don't need any special settings. I'll tweak each of them a bit as I get used to them and keep notes on my changes. Good thing is, on my high-end detectors, there is always Factory Reset. :)

Everything I've posted, and stuff I haven't posted, I have kept (even from 23 years ago) unless it's aluminum then I save enough of it to donate to the Special Needs organizations or Cancer Research Centers in my area. Modern items of no historical value are put in a plastic tub and gone through each month and then I decide if there is any monetary value that will benefit others, and if so, it gets donated. Historical finds that I have multiples of will get sorted and I'll donate a few each to our Historical Society and to the local Library.

Appreciate the comment!
-DH-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I thought I had too many! I'm in the process of selecting some of my excellent conditioned detectors to sell. :dontknow:

Very nice setup area you have started!

Thanks!

Check out my comment to Loco-Digger on why I have as many as I do.

I won't show my other competition detectors coz I compete with some members here on TNet. Not that it would make any difference but, I like to think it gives me an edge. [snicker]

I know I've let the cat out of the bag on my new detectors I have and the ones I have coming but, these upper end detectors have so many ways to set them up, I don't think it matters. This is my last year of competition as I'm going to be going full-time RVing next year. I have very few things left on my bucket list and the main one I'm trying to complete is to metal detect in all US, contiguous, states. I'll still have a home base to come back to when I need a bit of a break and, who knows, maybe I will meet some of the TNet members while I'm out running around. :)

When I hit the road I will probably give my "loaner" detectors to family members - I can always get more if need be.

Cheers.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread