What's new

My Silver Count For The First Half Of The Year

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year my total silver count for the year was 44 silvers. I almost found that many already in the first 6 months of this year.
My season has been unreal right from the start this year and it keeps going. Last year my silver coins vs. all other silver was almost 50-50. It was 23 silver coins and 21 other silver.
So far this year it's 34 silver coins and 4 other silvers for a total of 38 silvers.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 42
You've had a nice year for silver. That's quite a haul. :thumbsup: I am at 19 coins so far, shooting for 50 this year.
 
Good Luck Loco-Digger!!

I'd like to see 100 but, I'll be happy with what ever I find.
 
That Franklin half looks great !
 
firemac- it looks good at a distance, up close she's scratched up pretty good.

It's ok with me though, that's my first big silver ever.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    113.4 KB · Views: 133
Good job deershed! How many months are you able to hunt due to weather?
 
Good job deershed! How many months are you able to hunt due to weather?

We started the year in January, chopping plugs when the ground froze. Lol
 
We started the year in January, chopping plugs when the ground froze. Lol

Awesome you can detect in January. I can't hunt from sometime in October to sometime in March, it's excruciating lol!
 
That's great!!!! I think I might get that for th whole year!!!! Keep it going!!
 
WHOA !!! LOTS OF SILVER AND LIKE THE SPOONS ...
 
That's alot of quarters DS!, I'm right there with ya at 37 for the year

heck of a job, keep on rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!
20150627_194156.webp
 
Man you guys are killing the Silver add to the fact DS has the first OD Nickel man unreal. I think think the Charlotte Silver Mafia is gonna lose its crown to the North this year.
 
Congrats on all that silver, love the look of that spoon on top! :occasion14:

Dave
 
WoW, Your doing good so far on the silver. Nice digs.
 
Hello Deershed,

That is a very nice collection of silver coins. I am particularly interested in the two complete spoons, can you resolve the maker or marks?

Regards,
 
Super Haul Deershed! I know you are worried about this year's silver ring count, but have faith. I am finding, with my ATPro, that silver rings are hiding in the copper/brass/gold signals too (high 60's-79) based on the size and weight of the silver ring. As much as we hate digging toasted zinc Lincoln cents, ( which give the same signals) there are silver rings in there too. Best of luck, Sub 8-)
 
Hello Deershed,

That is a very nice collection of silver coins. I am particularly interested in the two complete spoons, can you resolve the maker or marks?

Regards,

The smaller spoon I believe was some sort of souvenir spoon sold in gift shops.
Here's a pic the the makers mark on the other one.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    140.9 KB · Views: 103
That's one nice pile of silver.
great job.
 
Super Haul Deershed! I know you are worried about this year's silver ring count, but have faith. I am finding, with my ATPro, that silver rings are hiding in the copper/brass/gold signals too (high 60's-79) based on the size and weight of the silver ring. As much as we hate digging toasted zinc Lincoln cents, ( which give the same signals) there are silver rings in there too. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

Your right about the silver ring count. Lol I can't find gold or silver rings for the life of me.
I do dig those stinkin Lincoln hits. Like wanting to find my first Walker I think the more I want, the longer it will take.
Leaving for O.C. in the morning so maybe some beach hunts will change that.

Good to know what the silver rings come up as. It's been so long I wasn't sure. I was wondering that the other day but usually dig any good repeatable hit so I know I wasn't passing any up.
 
Super Haul Deershed! I know you are worried about this year's silver ring count, but have faith. I am finding, with my ATPro, that silver rings are hiding in the copper/brass/gold signals too (high 60's-79) based on the size and weight of the silver ring. As much as we hate digging toasted zinc Lincoln cents, ( which give the same signals) there are silver rings in there too. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

I've run into the same thing with my Delta. I've had two small silver rings come up in the 70's with a mid range tone. I could have easily passed over both of them as zincoln's or aluminum. Even when I dug the first one I initially assumed it was fake based on what the machine was telling me. It was a lesson learned.

I wonder how many I passed over before this realization.

Some gold, especially 10K can land in the "wrong" range as well; like way up in the 60's.

The silver coins always hit in the 80's though.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom