Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

So my two sons and I decided to go hunting in the field where I found that little red one yesterday. I looked for the possible stem that sandchip mentioned but couldn’t find anything. We didn’t find anything worthwhile but it was fun walking around. We hiked across the field and over a bridge to get to the other side of the creek. We walked some hills and gullies but didn’t find anything. My younger son wanted to go home but I convinced them to check one more spot before heading back to the house. My older son spotted a point sticking out of the dirt. He knows to leave them until I get a photo and after I did, I told him to pull it straight out. When he did, I saw the base and immediately thought “Clovis!” I couldn’t believe it because it’s been a no-till field for at least 12 years. It measures 1 7/16”long by ¾” wide at the base. I just ran it under the faucet and gently rubbed some of the dirt off… didn’t even give it the vigorous toothbrush treatment that most of our artifacts get. It’s semi-translucent but the photos don’t quite get it. He was thrilled, so we went back to look around a bit more but didn’t find anything but flakes. Decided to go mushroom hunting but there were none to be found. It was a beautiful day to be out walking around.

IMG_3110.jpg IMG_E3113.JPG IMG_E3114.JPG IMG_E3115.JPG
IMG_E3116.JPG IMG_E3120.JPG IMG_E3121.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUPER CONGRATZ to you and your boys on a find that doesn't show their true beauty near enuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banner x2 ( the find and the joy to be with the boys)

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great point!! Always good to get out with the boys. I miss those days.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find,kudos to your son for finding a point few do. And to be there together is a lifetime memory too. Good looking piece,thin nice material-lucky dog

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Great find - Congratulations.

A relic hunt and that find like that builds memories.

I am very happy for you and your sons.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that sure brightens everyone day. Your son will be hooked bad now. Hope he reads this thread and tell him congratulations! Yee-Haaa !

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to your son! Awesome find. :icon_thumleft:

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you & your sons! That’s a sweet little Clovis!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Clovis...no doubt. Material? Could have come from a LONG way away. Looks a bit like a type of glacial till material I've found. Also, it looks like they fluted it at least twice on each side. Look up "Enterline Fluting Technique". Gary

Last edited:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great point! The best finds are when you are with family!!! You can really spend a long time looking for one of those without finding one. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions