Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

So my two sons and I decided to go hunting in the field where I found that little red one yesterday. I looked for the possible stem that sandchip mentioned but couldn’t find anything. We didn’t find anything worthwhile but it was fun walking around. We hiked across the field and over a bridge to get to the other side of the creek. We walked some hills and gullies but didn’t find anything. My younger son wanted to go home but I convinced them to check one more spot before heading back to the house. My older son spotted a point sticking out of the dirt. He knows to leave them until I get a photo and after I did, I told him to pull it straight out. When he did, I saw the base and immediately thought “Clovis!” I couldn’t believe it because it’s been a no-till field for at least 12 years. It measures 1 7/16”long by ¾” wide at the base. I just ran it under the faucet and gently rubbed some of the dirt off… didn’t even give it the vigorous toothbrush treatment that most of our artifacts get. It’s semi-translucent but the photos don’t quite get it. He was thrilled, so we went back to look around a bit more but didn’t find anything but flakes. Decided to go mushroom hunting but there were none to be found. It was a beautiful day to be out walking around.

IMG_3110.jpg IMG_E3113.JPG IMG_E3114.JPG IMG_E3115.JPG
IMG_E3116.JPG IMG_E3120.JPG IMG_E3121.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread