Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

So my wife and I decided to take a walk and look for some artifacts tonight. I wasn't too optimistic because the conditions aren't ideal. She said that she had a good feeling about the area behind the pond and she was right! Perhaps I need a little more of her optimism. I saw a piece sticking out of the ground and thought it might be something good but it turned out to be an unfinished piece, broken piece, or quickly made scraping tool from a flake.
IMG_1307.JPG Here it is with a flake I found...
IMG_1319.JPG
My wife has been collecting blue rocks for around the chicken coop. She asked me to dig one out since her corn stalk kept breaking. I got out my knife and this popped out. I just shook my head. I asked her if she knew what it was and it took her a second to realize what she'd found...
IMG_1308.JPG
Here it is cleaned up...
IMG_1311.JPG IMG_1312.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1318.JPG
The tip looks like it took a recent hit so I marked the area with some stacked rocks and will go back to see if I can find the missing piece(s). On another note, I did find this stemmed pipe the other day... I don't think it'll make the banner but it made me smile.
IMG_1303.JPG

I guess hunting conditions aren't as bad as I thought!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grab the air compressor and blow the dirt out I'll bet that pipe will still smoke in a pinch ;-)

You need to make the wife a sieve for her rock hunting. That's a beautiful find.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The banded slate axe is great! Hopefully you find the missing pieces, that chunk that came off might be in several little pieces.

That is certainly a decent size elbow pipe.

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this pretty quickly after my wife found it and I'd gotten it cleaned up. It is banded slate as Joshua mentioned but I may not be able to find the missing tip piece(s). When I took the photo, it hadn't dried fully, making that area appear darker than much of the rest of the surface. After it fully dried, the darker appearance disappeared and the cracks and crannies are still packed with dirt, even after it was lightly scrubbed with a toothbrush and water so I'm thinking that the damage occurred a while back and perhaps not where it was found. Anyway, thanks for the comments. I'm still in disbelief.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that looks like the kind of pipe I'd find.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stone hand axe/chopper/war axe/weapon, PLUS (obsidian?) flint...! Yes, she has a good eye...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread