What's new

✅ SOLVED Mystery with dragons !!!

Alset

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this piece in Ohio. Have asked around a bit and have yet to identify it. The tabs in the center square are about 1/2 in. deep set. Seems to be dragons as design. Not sure about the numbers on the back either. 1608 or 8091... Possible date or piece number.
 

Attachments

  • 20200816_230338.webp
    20200816_230338.webp
    654.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20200816_230609.webp
    20200816_230609.webp
    642.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200816_230720.webp
    20200816_230720.webp
    714.8 KB · Views: 94
Another example:

il_570xN.2003119729_cv0i.webp
 
Upvote 0
I was just thinking the same thing. Too bad the square inset is too small, would make an interesting Post-it pad holder......
 
Upvote 0
It may have had a piece of ceramic tile in it and was used as a trivet
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I think the inkwell holder wins it.
 
Upvote 0
I'm going with ink well holder as well... Thanks everyone. Have had this for two years now and finally know what I found
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom