tomclark
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 18, 2006
- Messages
- 1,184
- Reaction score
- 1,643
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Tampa Bay, FL
- Detector(s) used
- ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
- Primary Interest:
- Other
N. FL Unifacial Tools - SHOW YOUR UNI's!!!!
I don't even remember what the site was like to dig. Oh yeah, it was deep.
I haven't found the points yet. I bet at least a little of my low back pian is due to diggin for these very tools.
Came across a box today that said, "Lake Bird Tools" LOL
Lake Bird, Taylor Co., FL
Chipped Adze
They sure were using a lot of unifacial "Banana" scrapers, wonder what the most use was for...?
Most tools like this I have found in rivers. These were all dug. I know they are found in different time periods but
these were most likely in the Bolen range.
A Banana Scraper
Another Banana Scraper
Another Banana Scraper
A Square unifacial with gravers (multitool I assume) - kinda Bolen/Aucilla Adzish!
I don't even remember what the site was like to dig. Oh yeah, it was deep.
I haven't found the points yet. I bet at least a little of my low back pian is due to diggin for these very tools.

Came across a box today that said, "Lake Bird Tools" LOL
Lake Bird, Taylor Co., FL

Chipped Adze
They sure were using a lot of unifacial "Banana" scrapers, wonder what the most use was for...?
Most tools like this I have found in rivers. These were all dug. I know they are found in different time periods but
these were most likely in the Bolen range.
A Banana Scraper
Another Banana Scraper
Another Banana Scraper
A Square unifacial with gravers (multitool I assume) - kinda Bolen/Aucilla Adzish!
Last edited:
Upvote
0
What a show of unifaced tools. Wow! You have a nice collection. Some people look and go after just that one style cause the age could be very ancient. Not always but if they are deep good chance you are looking at thousands of year old stuff. Nice Tomclark! Thanks.

































