Nahabit, his pictures, his topics

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
SWR said:
HPR, that goes against the purpose of a Forum board. Without discussion or the option to post objectionable opinions, the spirit of a forum is lost.

Perhaps the "spirit" of posting objectionable opinions is something we might struggle along without.

Some troubling assumptions are being made here about both character and conduct. Even though there may be seemingly contradictory or dubious posts, it strikes me as rather presumptuous to make moral judgments about someone we have never met or known for any length of time. As a matter of fact, a number of people whom I know quite well have posted statements and opinions in other threads on this forum that could easily be either honestly misinterpreted or maliciously distorted. I suppose it is only a matter of time before they, too, are subjected to the same hasty conclusions and condemnations.

But always, of course, in the right "spirit."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off there is a Difference Between Stating an Opinion on a Subject and Stating an Opinion on a Person.
Stating an opinion on a Subject Never hurt anyone.
Stating an opinion on a Person is the same as Attacking them.

And AS LONG as I'm a Moderator here, I will NOT Allow Personal ATTACKS on anyone !

When I read a post about a Member, I put Myself in their shoes as I read. and IF I feel I would be offended if it were about me. You can be sure it's gone.
and when someone signs up here and Immediatly attacks a long time Poster, you better also realize, I'm going to put them on a Leash, and Scrutinize everything that person posts after that.

My Belief is the Only ones who have a Problem with this are those who Like to Attack people. or Argue. as others say. IF a subject offends you, there are Plenty of other subjects.

Jeff

P.S.

Look to your Left on Everyones Posts.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMBODY. Click on Ignore User

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again :)

Now to the topic, and ONLY to the topic.

This situation has been discussed here in Europe for at least the last 5 years.
It is wellknown, that especially in the former Eastern-Block this kind of relic-hunting is very popular, because it can give the hunters a quick economic win. And we must remember that lots of people overthere have expirienced to get pour, because of the changes.
The problem is not only with relics from the wars, but also esp. in Hungary, Romania and former Yugoslawia uncontrolled diggings of old roman find places, the archaeologist have no chance to stop or control the situation.
The European (and I guess also the us) market is in these years flooded with relics, coins and so on from these diggings.
Important archaeological knowledge is being lost this way.

With friendly regards
agersea

Z

ZumbroKid

agersea said:
Hello again :)

Now to the topic, and ONLY to the topic.

This situation has been discussed here in Europe for at least the last 5 years.
It is wellknown, that especially in the former Eastern-Block this kind of relic-hunting is very popular, because it can give the hunters a quick economic win. And we must remember that lots of people overthere have expirienced to get pour, because of the changes.
The problem is not only with relics from the wars, but also esp. in Hungary, Romania and former Yugoslawia uncontrolled diggings of old roman find places, the archaeologist have no chance to stop or control the situation.
The European (and I guess also the us) market is in these years flooded with relics, coins and so on from these diggings.
Important archaeological knowledge is being lost this way.

With friendly regards
agersea
Good informative post, now with the archaeologist mentioned, he will most likely gain even more support.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ThePete :)

@........now with the archaeologist mentioned, he will most likely gain even more support.

????????

Z

ZumbroKid

With all the off limit places to detect and enjoy the hobby. Here is a fellow in another county that is digging to his hearts content. He posts pictures of his digs and finds. Most folks in the U.S.A. would love to detect certain places but can not due to laws, social norms, historical registered sites, national battle fields, national parks, you name it they as a whole are limited to parks and their own yards and who will let them hunt. Even a public park is not a for sure thing to detect anymore. NAHABIT posts his finds and hunts for all to see. For some can only dream of having the freedom to pursue their hobby. I believe i speak the truth when i say anyone who swings a coil has a little bit of the rebel in them. NAHABIT is living the dream!

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Agersea.

Ikke diskuter med disse folkene, de VIL IKKE forst? hva du sier til dem. De lever enn? i hatet fra andre verdenskrig.

Golhamster

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ThePete said:
With all the off limit places to detect and enjoy the hobby. Here is a fellow in another county that is digging to his hearts content. He posts pictures of his digs and finds. Most folks in the U.S.A. would love to detect certain places but can not due to laws, social norms, historical registered sites, national battle fields, national parks, you name it they as a whole are limited to parks and their own yards and who will let them hunt. Even a public park is not a for sure thing to detect anymore. NAHABIT posts his finds and hunts for all to see. For some can only dream of having the freedom to pursue their hobby. I believe i speak the truth when i say anyone who swings a coil has a little bit of the rebel in them. NAHABIT is living the dream!

All right, you are absolutely right Pete, but you can?t tell me it is legal !!

agersea

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldhamster said:
Agersea.

Ikke diskuter med disse folkene, de VIL IKKE forst? hva du sier til dem. De lever enn? i hatet fra andre verdenskrig.

Golhamster

Hej igen Goldhamster.
Dejligt at hoere fra dig igen.
Du har sikkert ret, men jeg tror nu ikke det er had, men det er nok mere uvidenhed.
Jeg har nu to gange faaet fjernet indl?g som gik for naer paa vores unge ven.
Forklaringen paa at dem der styrer forum forsvarer ham er, at hans indlaeg er de mest laeste og kommenterede i hele forum.
For mig at se er han en ussel gravroever. En paa alle maader ubehagelig person.
Jeg naevner med vilje ikke hans navn her i denne tekst, da den saa nok ogsaa ville blive fjernet.

Har lige rettet et par danske/norske bogstaver til andre, da de blev til sp?rgsm?lstegn.

Med venlig hilsen
agersea

Z

ZumbroKid

agersea said:
ThePete said:

All right, you are absolutely right Pete, but you can?t tell me it is legal !!

agersea
How would i know what the laws are in Russia, i do not live there do you?

Z

ZumbroKid

Now i posted the part on detecting and the limits placed on detectorist here in the U.S. This is why Nahabit is popular, he is a sort of Billy the Kid icon. Posting displeasure will continue to gain him more support. In fact he kind of reminds me of myself. ;) I have been thinking of starting a thread on how to become a tnet icon. ;D

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, vi tales !!

Hav det godt, Goldhamster :)

med venlig hilsen
agersea

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
why all of a sudden are all of the posts in norweigan? ???

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:

Hi, hollowpointred

Nothing to get worried about, just two old forum fellows meeting here, and talking a bit danish and norwegian.

I was also very lost as some guys started writing in Russian ;D ;D

agersea

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ThePete said:
Now i posted the part on detecting and the limits placed on detectorist here in the U.S. This is why Nahabit is popular, he is a sort of Billy the Kid icon. Posting displeasure will continue to gain him more support. In fact he kind of reminds me of myself. ;) I have been thinking of starting a thread on how to become a tnet icon. ;D

Hi Pete !!

I must say, I do not have that sort of "Billy the Kid" - Feelings for Nahabit and his "work".
I suppose one has to be russian or american to feel like that in a situation like this ?? ;D

agersea

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ThePete said:
hollowpointred said:
Their telling Ole and Lena jokes. ;)

Wow, Pete. ;)

Didnt know you could read danish and norwegian !! ;D

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
simply user sand- Russian man, and it is convenient for us to communicate on the native language :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread