Nahabit, his pictures, his topics

Z

ZumbroKid

Must be why so many americans talk alot of crap. ;)

A

Angela (Australia)

Well, all I can say that's left to be said is:
this post was certainly an interesting one. It might be a touchy subject to some, but in all fairness to Nahabit, the relics he's finding seem to be in sinc with the history that's there, whether good or bad. We did up war relics in our own countries, relics that represent death and futility, but these relics bring also bring an understanding of a past life or situation. I'd have to say though, that the war years are still pretty fresh in the minds of a lot of people out there, still alive to tell the tale. So perhaps the digging of human remains isn't as tasteful, and we need to have a balance here. As one person once put it, what if it was our uncle or aunt, mother or father? Surely, there has to be a limit as to how far one goes in the recovery of human remains as relics.
HH Angela :)

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Angela (Australia) said:
Surely, there has to be a limit as to how far one goes in the recovery of human remains as relics.

I'd go as far as Russia.
;D ;D ;D

Bones are bones. No person left there. No soul. Just bones.

Nahabit, if you find my relatitive, send me his ID and his personal items. The rest is your's.
Well, I guess you could box up his bones with his ID and stuff. No need littering up you country.

Guys, seriously, JUST LET IT GO.

When we here in the US dig 16 buttons and a CSA belt plate and a pocketknife in a two foot area, just what is it that you think you just found?

ANSWER: Some guys grave.

It's not my fault that I found it, and it's not his fault he fell there. I just reap the rewards.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
After reading Nahabit's posts, I am of the understanding that he is a good person in general. He makes efforts to return soldiers to their country of origin, some have gone back, some are not wanted. This may be government bureaucracy, but approaching someone in the fashion you have chose won't necessarily get you the results you hoped for. I hope the two of you can reach an understanding for the family's sake. Best of luck to you both!

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
DigEmAll said:
Angela (Australia) said:
Surely, there has to be a limit as to how far one goes in the recovery of human remains as relics.

I'd go as far as Russia.
;D ;D ;D

Nahabit, if you find my relatitive, send me his ID and his personal items. The rest is your's.
Well, I guess you could box up his bones with his ID and stuff. No need littering up you country.
okey,only hardly your relatives were near Moscow or Stalingrad :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go one Fruther on this.

This is My Personal opinion.
Not Meant to be taken as Everyones.

Unless it is in a Cemetery, or there is at least a Marker saying a person is buried there, I would not even consider a Fallen person, as Being
"IN A GRAVE". bones or not.

Here in the U.S.
If I came across bones while Digging, I would Report it as a
Murder/Accidental Death Scene. And Call the Police.

If in their Investigation they Deduce it is a Lost Cemetery,
or Family Burial,
then I would say yes it was a Grave.
If the Person just fell & nobody Buried them there,
I personally am not going to loose sleep over it.

Because I have no battlefields around here, I never did any Major research, However, when the war was over, did they go around Burying all the dead on the Battlefield & Mark where ?
If they did, Then I would say there are graves in Battlefields.

If not, there may just be Fallen people who were never given a proper burial there.

again : My Personal Opinion, Not to be taken as Everyones.

Jeff

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Another fine point Jeff. I agree.

"Get it? No bones, no grave. Simple, eh? Sorry DigEm, that was just a bad analogy."

LOL... I get it SWR. Just tryin' to make a point.
;) ;) ;)

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I have no problem with what Nahabit is doing and/or posting. No problem with the digging in eastern Europe either... why should it be left to the archies?? Dig it up!!

As far as the skulls. No problem, especially with Nazi skulls. Weren't they the one's with the skull rings?? They would probably be proud to have their skull on display, for that matter I would be glad to know someone dug up and had my skull if I died unknown on a battlefield.

It's funny how view's of a side that fought in a war changes according to who won. In WWII we have the evil Nazis, because they were the aggressor and because they lost but in the American Civil war we have the federals who were the aggressor but who won... and they are protrayed as the good guys even after subjugating the southern states and forcing them to rejoin the union against their will by oppression and occupation. The wound is still healing in the south and the northern people can't seem to understand it... whatever.

Dig everything you can find people, dig it while you can.

J

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbow said:
The wound is still healing in the south and the northern people can't seem to understand it... whatever.
J
can kinda tell from some peoples post from other forums and here like you said J it was 150 years ago.....

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: In regards to an archaeological value, sheesh, they have more than they can handle for hundreds of years right now and more arriving daily with no budgeting sooooooo -----??

There are many people still alive that can tell them all about the site cheaper than sending a team to dig it up. and make an educated (?) guesses..

Tropical Tramp

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
jbow said:
I have no problem with what Nahabit is doing and/or posting. No problem with the digging in eastern Europe either... why should it be left to the archies?? Dig it up!!

As far as the skulls. No problem, especially with Nazi skulls. Weren't they the one's with the skull rings?? They would probably be proud to have their skull on display, for that matter I would be glad to know someone dug up and had my skull if I died unknown on a battlefield.

It's funny how view's of a side that fought in a war changes according to who won. In WWII we have the evil Nazis, because they were the aggressor and because they lost but in the American Civil war we have the federals who were the aggressor but who won... and they are protrayed as the good guys even after subjugating the southern states and forcing them to rejoin the union against their will by oppression and occupation. The wound is still healing in the south and the northern people can't seem to understand it... whatever.

Dig everything you can find people, dig it while you can.

J
respect

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
RealdeTayopa said:
HI: In regards to an archaeological value, sheesh, they have more than they can handle for hundreds of years right now and more arriving daily with no budgeting sooooooo -----??

There are many people still alive that can tell them all about the site cheaper than sending a team to dig it up. and make an educated (?) guesses..

Tropical Tramp

Realde & SWR, I am finally glad that the two of you brought up the subject of archeologists. I worked on a couple of good Mayan digs in Central America for about 4 years (1989 to 1993). We dug up literally hundreds of gold, silver,copper and jade artifacts, worth millions of dollars. All under the auspices of two Universities, the University of Texas and the University of Pennsylvania, with about 6 Archeologists from each institute. Of course, we also located thousands of everyday utensils and things like pottery bowls, drinking cups, weapons, etc.

After the program was finished, I got to read and examine all the reports regarding the "supposed" artifacts that we recovered. Over 95% of the gold, silver, copper and jade artifacts were not listed, only small insignificant pieces, and I and several other workers reported these discrepancies to the College's Archeologists Department heads, as well as the two countries we were working in, Heads of Ministry for Archeology programs.

Well, it damned near got us dissidents killed. We were even ambushed a couple of times, and these Phd's and others constantly threatened our lives, but we got through it until we could get out of country.

Therefore, I know for a fact, that the vast majority of Degreed, Liscensed and properly "papered" Archeologists are nothing but "professionally trained liars and legal thieves", working on your tax dollars to enrich themselves.

And that is the only reason these "professional phonies and thieves" hate and resent anyone else outside their sphere from doing "amatuer" digs or any other persons digging up the "treasures" for their own profit or benefits. Also, in fact, they learn almost nothing about the "cultures" they are supposed to be "investigating" and make up a whole lot of crap just off the top of their pea brains to justify their own pillages of historic sites. You would have to experience it first hand like I and others have done to truly appreciate how appalling these "mental midgets" really are.

We damn near got killed over it, as all those Phd's and Govt Officials swore those millions of dollars worth of golden, silver, copper and jade jewelry and icons had never been recovered from either site.

Now, all that being said, there are still a few good, honest men and women Archeologists, but it is almost impossible to know for certain who they are anymore. So I stay as far away from them as I can! ;D Comanchero

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions