What's new

Native American hardstone.

Igyjastabay

Full Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
165
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Beach SW FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I metal detect. But here you go.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5170_1.webp
    IMG_5170_1.webp
    727.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_5139_1_1.webp
    IMG_5139_1_1.webp
    282.6 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0
Wow!! I never had that luck in my detecting days. Come to think of it..... I still don't. Lol! Nice hard stone collection. I've seen that axe with the concave spot on it before. If not that one, one just like it. That is a curiosity.... An axe/ nutting stone. I love it!!
 
That's nice!! I don't find stuff like that on my farm. The tribe that lived here must have been poor:laughing7: Tony
 
A super, superior collection, all seem to be exceptional examples of the highest craftsmanship. Have you identified what each is made of?
 
So you really didn't say how you came across them. Personal finds? Nice collection even the frame above the ax heads looks to be nice ones in it.
 
My impression is that he metal detects in fields and has spoted them
 
Maybe but some of those are perfect like from an old collection. Early 30s-40s way back when they hadnt had time to get damaged
 
All I can say is DANG!!!!!! If you metal det. all the time God knows what you would find if you pick up this hobby full time:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 
I've run into a lot of folks who pretty consistently make some amazing Native American finds wile metal detecting in plowed fields... I think since most of them are on the larger side it might be because they're covering a lot of ground not focused on small objects.
I know I've found a few larger artifacts that I almost walked right by because I was focusing on small things or looking very closely
 
Great collection of hardstone, I remember when you found that clovis.
 
Think I see a birdstone or birdstone head on the bottom shelf. If you found that while not really looking, hats off to you.
 
All I can say is DANG!!!!!! If you metal det. all the time God knows what you would find if you pick up this hobby full time:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I agree,I believe I would put away the machine for good if I was finding stuff like that!but maybe that's just me.Man what allot of high quality pieces!
 
Last edited:
No no, i have found all the flint you see with exception of the dovetail top center. I have only found a few of those axes. I used to hit the fields, but now its with a metal detector. Thanks for the look.
 
Thanks for being honest you have a fine collection.
 
No no, i have found all the flint you see with exception of the dovetail top center. I have only found a few of those axes. I used to hit the fields, but now its with a metal detector. Thanks for the look.
you sure found some nice stuff.I have yet to find any big tools.Man, you got some nice one's. Thanks for the post!
 
Last edited:
[QUO
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3970.webp
    IMG_3970.webp
    546.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom