What's new

Natural and possible man made artifacts

compound digger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2025
Messages
82
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montgomery
Detector(s) used
Ulhund
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this look like something that I should seek professional help with? Top right is platinum!
IMG_1891.webp
 
Upvote 2
Natural copper, platinum, and obsidian are not artifacts with out signs of being worked by man. The holes are natural, blow up the pictures, seec no signs of drilling or work by ancient man appear.
 
Natural copper, platinum, and obsidian are not artifacts with out signs of being worked by man. The holes are natural, blow up the pictures, seec no signs of drilling or work by ancient man appear.
I was told by Caleb curren that they were made with a square tool!
 
I have paperwork to fill out to get a site file number. To make my land an official archeological site. I’m no professional I just stumbled across this stuff!
I think it is native platinum from visual matches and a simple acid test. I’m working on finding someone that can test it further.
Just interested why you want to make it an official site ?
 
You first have to find artifacts before you can call a location a “site”. I don’t see a single artifact in your pics. Flint chips are ubiquitous on every site I’ve ever been on. That’s one sure sign. Without them, I seriously doubt you have a site. Even if you find artifacts, why would you want to have your land registered as a site? You would be opening yourself to not only arkies knocking on your door but trespassers as well. Tipping off anyone that you have artifacts on your land is crazy!🤪
I’m just trying not to wast the opportunity to learn more about the past. I know I’m not educated enough to even begin to understand. Crazy is probably a good way to say it! Thanks
 
Idk I was just trying to do the right thing.
Good enough. I feel I'm on a site but reluctant to publicize it . I do know some of my archeology people here are quite tight lipped about exact locations of Indian village locations etc which is good but I have my reserves about it. Thanks.
 
Good enough. I feel I'm on a site but reluctant to publicize it . I do know some of my archeology people here are quite tight lipped about exact locations of Indian village locations etc which is good but I have my reserves about it. Thanks.
Good enough. I feel I'm on a site but reluctant to publicize it . I do know some of my archeology people here are quite tight lipped about exact locations of Indian village locations etc which is good but I have my reserves about it. Thanks.
I need a real archeologist. I think I’m closer to the 1540 battle of mabila location in Alabama then Ashly Dumas from the university of west Alabama. IMO
 
I need a real archeologist. I think I’m closer to the 1540 battle of mabila location in Alabama then Ashly Dumas from the university of west Alabama. IMO
Good for you . Follow that hunch. I was told I had an ancient path nearby. My hunch was...I should be able to prove that to a point even with a metal detector. After (50) 2 hour trips I found a trade ring with the date 1648 hammered in it in roman numerals.

Also , it's not unusual for everyday people who read, put their field efforts in and end up giving a few lessons to the local historian so don't doubt yourself. Especially if you interface with a scholarly snob, which you will.
 
Good for you . Follow that hunch. I was told I had an ancient path nearby. My hunch was...I should be able to prove that to a point even with a metal detector. After (50) 2 hour trips I found a trade ring with the date 1648 hammered in it in roman numerals.

Also , it's not unusual for everyday people who read, put their field efforts in and end up giving a few lessons to the local historian so don't doubt yourself. Especially if you interface with a scholarly snob, which you will.
Thank you! Best words of encouragement I’ve gotten so far! I feel like I’m an expert on Hernando De’Soto already. Now I just have to convince others!
 
Natural copper, platinum, and obsidian are not artifacts with out signs of being worked by man. The holes are natural, blow up the pictures, seec no signs of drilling or work by ancient man appear.
what about this?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2062.webp
    IMG_2062.webp
    884.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2273.webp
    IMG_2273.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2276.webp
    IMG_2276.webp
    4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1486.webp
    IMG_1486.webp
    5.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1875.webp
    IMG_1875.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
The rocks are natural stone, rest is scrap iron. Question, no offense intended at all, but are you fairly new at collecting Indian artifacts?
 
The rocks are natural stone, rest is scrap iron. Question, no offense intended at all, but are you fairly new at collecting Indian artifacts?
I Don’t really collect. I have tons of trash a few of these things just stood out to me. If you look at known Spanish artifacts from the state of Alabama. A few I have found are almost identical to known artifacts. That’s about it I had no interest in this kind of stuff. I started really looking at the platinum then also noticed that the land I live on looks like a rabbit, and it’s almost a perfect center point between Tallahassee fl and Tuscaloosa Alabama. I’m ready for more pareidolia jokes it’s cool. This has all been spiritual for me since I lost my dad. All of this has helped me he always told me to get him a metal detector at a time I couldn’t afford it. We were given one after he died. Then we found different things and I can hear him saying “told ya”! Maybe it’s fantasy but he did always say he just felt like there was something here! Maybe it’s all just been my way of coping, but now I think there is something here too!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0458.webp
    IMG_0458.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0457.webp
    IMG_0457.webp
    182.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1769.webp
    IMG_1769.webp
    127.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1907.webp
    IMG_1907.webp
    569.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1890.webp
    IMG_1890.webp
    363.8 KB · Views: 48
I would hazard a guess, at natural nails and button/tokens ,, the rocks etc...are man-made.
I do tend to think in a way that is often seen as contrary..
 
I would hazard a guess, at natural nails and button/tokens ,, the rocks etc...are man-made.
I do tend to think in a way that is often seen as contrary..
One more nail and a close up of the others! And Contrary to what may I ask?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2234.webp
    IMG_2234.webp
    678.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2233.webp
    IMG_2233.webp
    430.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2232.webp
    IMG_2232.webp
    446.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1780.webp
    IMG_1780.webp
    841.6 KB · Views: 47
Lots old square iron nails in Florida, the rocks are natural. Been finding and collecting Indian artifacts for 45 years....

Good luck to you, they are out there. Dont get sidetracked on natural stones, look for stone that has been worked. Pareidolia, is real, dont get caught up in trying to see faces or figures in stones.
 
I Don’t really collect. I have tons of trash a few of these things just stood out to me. If you look at known Spanish artifacts from the state of Alabama. A few I have found are almost identical to known artifacts. That’s about it I had no interest in this kind of stuff. I started really looking at the platinum then also noticed that the land I live on looks like a rabbit, and it’s almost a perfect center point between Tallahassee fl and Tuscaloosa Alabama. I’m ready for more pareidolia jokes it’s cool. This has all been spiritual for me since I lost my dad. All of this has helped me he always told me to get him a metal detector at a time I couldn’t afford it. We were given one after he died. Then we found different things and I can hear him saying “told ya”! Maybe it’s fantasy but he did always say he just felt like there was something here! Maybe it’s all just been my way of coping, but now I think there is something here too!
That's awesome , good old dad .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom