What's new

Natural and possible man made artifacts

compound digger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2025
Messages
82
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montgomery
Detector(s) used
Ulhund
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this look like something that I should seek professional help with? Top right is platinum!
IMG_1891.webp
 
Upvote 2
Lots old square iron nails in Florida, the rocks are natural. Been finding and collecting Indian artifacts for 45 years....

Good luck to you, they are out there. Dont get sidetracked on natural stones, look for stone that has been worked. Pareidolia, is real, dont get caught up in trying to see faces or figures in stones.
Ok got it. I was told the one rock had a face on it. I just thought the shape was different portable rock art web site people mentioned a face. I also have this other rock it has a perfect point. Not like a arrow head or anything but pointy nonetheless. I think it is rock art it kinda looks like a puffer fish. Does this one look natural to you?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1966.webp
    IMG_1966.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1975.webp
    IMG_1975.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1973.webp
    IMG_1973.webp
    139.9 KB · Views: 58
Does this one look natural to you?
Yes. Just a natural rock. It is not art, not made or worked by humans. It might be portable, but it's just a portable rock. Nothing more.
 
Yes most definitely the best! Thank you.
I lost mom and dad 6 months apart in 2023, retired from life long job 35 years in sept 2023, left about 200 great people. Nov, 2023 hip replacement. February 1st 2024 started metal detecting in between frozen patches of earth. Turns out metal detecting saved me mentally and physically . It really helped me not dwell on loss. It was my mom that instilled the bottle picking and the star gazing. If she only knew all the goodies I have found ...keep going CD , they are all smiling on us.
 
I lost mom and dad 6 months apart in 2023, retired from life long job 35 years in sept 2023, left about 200 great people. Nov, 2023 hip replacement. February 1st 2024 started metal detecting in between frozen patches of earth. Turns out metal detecting saved me mentally and physically . It really helped me not dwell on loss. It was my mom that instilled the bottle picking and the star gazing. If she only knew all the goodies I have found ...keep going CD , they are all smiling on us.
So true I even think they are still with us whenever we need them! God is real to me!
 
Here is my first rock that got me going !
crazy what gets ya! My wife is always calling me over “hey check out this rock” she loves all of the rocks I find fancy in a few of them. We are definitely bit by some kind of bug. We are finding are eyes glued to the ground even dreaming of finding interesting things!
 
Here is my first rock that got me going !
I picked it up because j thought I could make a cool primitive fake axe out of it. Had it for three years i had NO clue about artifacts but it was a cool rock. Turns out I found six more . Local archeologist verified they were soap stone netsinkers possibly covered in pine tar resin . My point is keep going and you will develop an eye as you learn. Great for the brain !!
 
Ok got it. I was told the one rock had a face on it. I just thought the shape was different portable rock art web site people mentioned a face. I also have this other rock it has a perfect point. Not like a arrow head or anything but pointy nonetheless. I think it is rock art it kinda looks like a puffer fish. Does this one look natural to you?

Dont fall for that portable web site, they are all natural.

Here is picture from a natural rock museum in Japan, all are natural......

1000025341.webp
 
Dont fall for that portable web site, they are all natural.

Here is picture from a natural rock museum in Japan, all are natural......

View attachment 2213313
That's awesome thank you I saved a copy. We find stones like that frequently on Lake Ontario shores. They don't always have a face but all those pits and dimples are familiar to me. Great reference picture.
 
Dont fall for that portable web site, they are all natural.

Here is picture from a natural rock museum in Japan, all are natural......

View attachment 2213313
Holy crap! I can only kinda see what they were talking about. It has some markings on it I’m just a bad photographer. Got another picture for you. Obsidian?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1826.webp
    IMG_1826.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1427.webp
    IMG_1427.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Holy crap! I can only kinda see what they were talking about. It has some markings on it I’m just a bad photographer. Got another picture for you. Obsidian?
Someone will tell you. I think Obsidian is constant . That looks like a fire glazed rock. Only surface is fried. Inside should be gloss black I think.
 
Someone will tell you. I think Obsidian is constant . That looks like a fire glazed rock. Only surface is fried. Inside should be gloss black I think.
Ok we found this with a metal detector. It is slightly magnetic with a strong magnet!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom