What's new

Natural and possible man made artifacts

compound digger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2025
Messages
82
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montgomery
Detector(s) used
Ulhund
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this look like something that I should seek professional help with? Top right is platinum!
IMG_1891.webp
 
Upvote 2
I’m not seeing a lot of Indian artifacts but you definitely have post contact stuff… wether it’s 1500 or 1900 I cant say but i think you’re in the right mindset as far as being curious and enjoying the hunt and trying to decipher what you find, sometimes it can feel like people are bursting your bubble but I would assume most are rooting for you to keep going and post back with a true stunner of a find… hope your dad was right and there is something special there, you just haven’t found the key artifacts yet. Personally I keep nails and things just in case other things come along, say you find some Spanish coins and a bit of chain mail among the nails and buckle bits… all of a sudden those square nails and scraps become a lot more interesting
 
I’m not seeing a lot of Indian artifacts but you definitely have post contact stuff… wether it’s 1500 or 1900 I cant say but i think you’re in the right mindset as far as being curious and enjoying the hunt and trying to decipher what you find, sometimes it can feel like people are bursting your bubble but I would assume most are rooting for you to keep going and post back with a true stunner of a find… hope your dad was right and there is something special there, you just haven’t found the key artifacts yet. Personally I keep nails and things just in case other things come along, say you find some Spanish coins and a bit of chain mail among the nails and buckle bits… all of a sudden those square nails and scraps become a lot more interesting
Definitely I keep everything just in case! I was stunned by the possibility of a 33.5g piece of gold filled platinum. See I think it is platinum that was thought to be unripe silver. I’m gonna keep swinging!
 
I’m not seeing a lot of Indian artifacts but you definitely have post contact stuff… wether it’s 1500 or 1900 I cant say but i think you’re in the right mindset as far as being curious and enjoying the hunt and trying to decipher what you find, sometimes it can feel like people are bursting your bubble but I would assume most are rooting for you to keep going and post back with a true stunner of a find… hope your dad was right and there is something special there, you just haven’t found the key artifacts yet. Personally I keep nails and things just in case other things come along, say you find some Spanish coins and a bit of chain mail among the nails and buckle bits… all of a sudden those square nails and scraps become a lot more interesting
So what about stuff like this? Seems to be what your talking about kinda.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2342.webp
    IMG_2342.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2341.webp
    IMG_2341.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2339.mov
    1.9 MB
No Native American artifacts in this post. Even if you found flakes or debitage does not necessarily make it a site worth investigating.
 
No Native American artifacts in this post. Even if you found flakes or debitage does not necessarily make it a site worth investigating.
Ok thanks. It’s strange platinum seems pretty significant! Maybe like the Spanish I’ll toss it back to ripen!
 
Ok thanks. It’s strange platinum seems pretty significant! Maybe like the Spanish I’ll toss it back to ripen
do you not believe this is unrefined platinum and gold?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2414.webp
    IMG_2414.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1545.webp
    IMG_1545.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1557.webp
    IMG_1557.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Hello, I thought I would get into the fray. You could possibles be holding Electrum as it does have both silver and gold contained within. It’s alchemical sigil looks like the capital letter Z with a cross bar with two circular dots on each end of the cross bar.

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4623.webp
    IMG_4623.webp
    558.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4622.webp
    IMG_4622.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4621.webp
    IMG_4621.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2949.webp
    IMG_2949.webp
    133 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2950.webp
    IMG_2950.webp
    206.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2953.webp
    IMG_2953.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2952.webp
    IMG_2952.webp
    190.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2956.webp
    IMG_2956.webp
    212.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2951.webp
    IMG_2951.webp
    160.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2955.webp
    IMG_2955.webp
    243.5 KB · Views: 44
Hello, I thought I would get into the fray. You could possibles be holding Electrum as it does have both silver and gold contained within. It’s alchemical sigil looks like the capital letter Z with a cross bar with two circular dots on each end of the cross bar.

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn
Acid test confirmed it’s not silver! Gold test negative for gold it is only visible in small amounts. But It did test positive for PGM's
 
Best to get an assay on it

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn
 
Acid test confirmed it’s not silver! Gold test negative for gold it is only visible in small amounts. But It did test positive for PGM's

Best to get an assay on it

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn
I most certainly will be! Just have to figure all that out I’ve never had anything assayed!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom