Need a button replacement for my garret Pin Pointer.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well has a heck of a hunt in knee deep mud looking for a lost ring. Had to quit as I was concerned I was going to damage the ring. Its dry now and Ill be back out soon to get that ring for the fella.

So as Im cleaning all my equipment I notice moisture inside and decided to take it apart. Its a old black Garret pin pointer but a good one. I did not push the switch on when I removed it and the tiny little button came out in pieces.

So much for the back story. Does anyone know where I can get a new button. Im more than capable of repairing the pin pointer and pretty sure its out of warranty. I also wore a few holes in the tip so I plan one fixing that too. Any help would be appreciated.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. If you can solder theres a guy on ebay who had 12 of them a few months back and they were like $6 each. I still need one too but just bought an orange carrot since I do so much water stuff. Next time I break one I am going to try a different brand. Even though customer service is really good I get tired of mailing the carrots lol.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the Old Garret just had a good feel for my hunts. I have a minelab as my back up and it works well but taking time to get used to it. Thanks, I will look on Ebay.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, looking at new detector purchase. Getting left in the dust by my friends.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill tell ya garett is great with customer service when I had problems with my head phones they sent me new ones same day shipped with a return postage to send my old ones back no charge also sent me 2 new at pro face stickers free try them there is no better

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garret is what it is and I have no qualms about their stuff. I enjoy the AT Pro, unfortunately this lil pp is several years old and it it seen a lot of use in extreme conditions. I got my moneys worth.Looking at the Garret Carrot and Fpulse. Was trying to help a visiting friend with his AT Max and all he found was folil. I was pulling rings and pendants with the F75. But my AT Pro would have done the same. I have several hundred if not thousands of hours on that little black pp and experience counts. Decisions decisions.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I salvage computers and found a switch in a case. They are available at electronic stores but I dont have any links. Will tell you I was surprised when I got to looking at the switch I found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread