What's new

NEED A LITTLE HELP ON A BUTTON?

VERMONTIS

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
500
Reaction score
905
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission today for a stone house built in 1821. Found this in the backyard and looks to have something on the front that appears to be raised, almost 3-D, but can't really make out what's on the front. Eagle? Seems like it's attached by 3 posts that go thru to the back of the button. It's about the same size as a penny. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 5-11-18 Front.webp
    5-11-18 Front.webp
    197.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 5-11-18 Back.webp
    5-11-18 Back.webp
    157.1 KB · Views: 188
Hey all,
I was there when he found it was not really sure it was a button! But now I think this is a really unique button! It has a deep convex bowl with the 3D device attached with tabs, in my opinion this has to be intended to make a very artistic statement. What the device represents I have a few ideas but nothing certain. there is no mention in Albert's Button Book of this type of button.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like Victorian story button
 
Upvote 0
It's a flower button.
 

Attachments

  • 5-11-18 Front.webp
    5-11-18 Front.webp
    300.8 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
I'VE DUG A LOT OF BUTTONS. I'VE NEVER SEEN A BUTTON ATTACHED BY THREE DIFFERENT POINTS TO GIVE THE RAISED LOOK.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom