What's new

Need expert opinion

TNArtifacts

Greenie
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could this be a legitimate fossil? Found in a dry creek bed (runs during wet weather) along with many stone tools in southeast TN...
 
Upvote 0
No idea if it's a fossil, but it sure looks cool! :occasion14:
 
You would prob have better luck posting in the geological / fossil forum
 
I'd say not a fossil. Looks like a vein of quartz in a host rock that is breaking up.
 
Thanks. I'm new here, picked the wrong one. However, here is my first find in the streambed, and would like to know what it is made of. It is unlike any of the other 200 sandstone and other artifacts that I've found, is notched completely across the back for the handle.
View attachment 1442393
 
Creepy looking rock for sure
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom