Need GPR type device

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I need someone with the latest in underground pinpointing and identifying technology. If you have one of these devices I believe I may have access to numerous properties that may have valuables buried on them. I have written contracts and the ability to dig up what may be buried. I am lacking a high tech modern device such as the latest GPR units. I have had a person with an older unit on a few of these locations but they lack the expertise needed to discern what may be buried. These locations are on private properties and for the most part may involve pirate type buried chests of unknown origin.

If you have access to one of these devices and are competent in its use please contact me via a PM. I live in southwest Florida and some but not all of these locations are in my area, Tampa Bay and Charlotte Harbor. It has taken me years to get to this point. The most important thing I have to offer is the ability to dig without worrying about getting into trouble because of lack of permission. I have a small team and we are ready to go.

Bombguy

Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soveriegn GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have access to the technology and I am very competent in my abilities but I am in California....sorry

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BDD

Looks like there is a demand for that service on this board. Instead of partnering with someone, why doesn't the "team" get together and hire a professional service? There are probably 100s of them in the area. Here is just one:

Forensic, Gravesite Investigation

Then you wouldn't have to split the find as many ways.

Or in the alternative, go to the dowser forum here. Those guys can pinpoint anything from just a hand drawn sketch or a photo. :)

Good luck.

V

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There are probably 100s of them in the area.

V
Yeah 100's of them. Sure, there everywhere. The one you listed appears to have a unit just like the one we have used. They are not as accurate as you may think. Of course I am sure you have used them many times, with success of course. I am looking for someone that has a unit that is geared for treasure hunting.

vor-Thanks for the advice. As far as dowsing goes, it has it's uses but I am going to try to put my money and efforts into PINPOINTING the exact spot to dig using more conventional means.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD

I dont know if there is a specialty unit but I have not heard of one.

Glad to see you are turning to more conventional means for your pinpointing.

HH and good luck.

V

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders in Haines City, FL

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD
I don't know why finding a pipe/vault/grave would differ from finding any other type item you are seeking. And there are more than you think as they are commonly used on construction sites. Here is another.

Geophysical Surveys

V

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor/ECS-Thanks for the advice although I did not ask for it. I am not looking for armchair treasure hunting input on this. If I wanted to rent a GPR unit, I would. If I wanted to hire a GPR company, I would. As stated in my initial post I am looking for someone that owns or has access to a GPR unit and more importantly is skilled in its use. I am not going to take just anybody to my sites. I have taken an individual with the most common device to a few locations. As he was not used to the type of soil in my area he got nothing but many hits that proved to be nothing but changes in the soil composition. I think a lot of people on TN have watched too many TV shows and don't really know how the real world may work.

I have also taken an "expert" magnetometer person to some sites. They had a lot of trouble because of the natural content of the ground. It is never as easy as it sounds. I have been down in the ground in many holes lately as I am the type of person that actually goes out and puts my money where my mouth is. Although I may not have been successful in finding what I am looking for I am giving it an honest effort. In the process I have acquired permission to be on numerous properties that are highly likely to have valuables buried on them.

If anyone out there thinks they can help and want to be a part of what I am doing, please PM me.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vor/ECS- I am not looking for armchair treasure hunting input on this...... I have been down in the ground in many holes lately as I am the type of person that actually goes out and puts my money where my mouth is. Although I may not have been successful in finding what I am looking..

BDD
No need to take out your frustrations on others that are just trying to help you....not that you need any help of course. Apparently I have had as much success in my armchair as you have had in your holes.
Good luck.
V

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You know I like to give you Initial Guys-ECS/VOR a hard time. If you really want to help, come on down, the weather's great.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every hunt starts in a arm chair. Sounds like you just need to figure it out by your self to be honest from the way your talking to these guys who's trying to help you. Good luck out there.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nickleanddime-There is a lot of history on here between myself and those two. They know that I know I can rent a GPR or hire someone. I am looking for someone that can be a part of the group I have assembled. I have offered both of them a chance to come and be a part of what is going on. They have both declined numerous invitations. Some people like to TALK about treasure hunting and a few others are actually doing it. I am into action, not talk. Sure I have made lots of mistakes but so has anyone that became successful.

You are right about the need to figure it out myself. I plan on trying that this weekend. As usual I will be digging a pretty big hole an spending time in it. One of these days it will be in EXACTLY the right spot.

Bombguy

Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soveriegn GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickleanddime-There is a lot of history on here between myself and those two. They know that I know I can rent a GPR or hire someone. I am looking for someone that can be a part of the group I have assembled. I have offered both of them a chance to come and be a part of what is going on. They have both declined numerous invitations. Some people like to TALK about treasure hunting and a few others are actually doing it. I am into action, not talk. Sure I have made lots of mistakes but so has anyone that became successful.

You are right about the need to figure it out myself. I plan on trying that this weekend. As usual I will be digging a pretty big hole an spending time in it. One of these days it will be in EXACTLY the right spot.

Just curious as too what you classify as an ARMCHAIR TREASUREHUNTER?

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Anyone who is not currently on the bottom of a hole with shovel in hand.

Or in the case of a super treasure hunter like BDD, anyone who is not behind the controls of an excavator. 8-)

V

Bombguy

Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soveriegn GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it....glad I'm in this hole with a shovel...but I guess I'm an ACTH as I've been digging stuff up everyday for the last 5+ years...lol

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

It should be pretty obvious. It is just like an Armchair Quarterback that sits in his easy chair watching others actually playing the game while pretending to have all the answers. There are people that constantly post on the Cache Forum giving lots of advice that probably never put a shovel where their mouth is. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Bombguy-If you are actually digging stuff up everyday for the last five years (assuming your talking valuables) you must have quite the HUGE collection of treasure. I am really impressed. You certainly don't qualify as an Armchair Treasure Hunter.

vor has been following me around Treasurenet since he joined it. He likes to get into pissing contests with myself and others. Read his posts on other threads. If you choose to get into pissing contests don't get pissed off if you get pissed on.

FTR-Being able to put a word or phrase into google search can be done by ANYBODY with a computer. For instance-GPR-hit search-voila-lots of free info. That is not why I started this thread. I am looking for someone that may own or have access to the latest 3D GPR technology that may wish to get involved in some possible treasure sites in Florida and a few other southern states. I am not looking for a lesson on how to google search.

Last edited:

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vor has been following me around Treasurenet since he joined it. He likes to get into pissing contests with myself and others. Read his posts on other threads.

Following you around???

You have not been singled out. If you post on the cache forum, yes I may answer or even question your post. In this case BDD, I was trying to point out that you may be better off hiring/signing on with a technician/company that operates and interprets the data of specialty equipment on a daily basis v. teaming up with a hobbiest. But its your search and your $$ so knock yourself out.

With as many stories/sites that you have, you may need to be more receptive to other's ideas. Apparently something's not working on your program. But I am always willing to try to help.

V

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did I say anything about wanting to team up with a hobbiest? Do you know of a successful TREASURE HUNTER that has the latest in GPR technology that is anywhere near Southwest Florida? I am not looking for caskets, pipes, or rebar.

I AM receptive to others ideas. What is your idea, to hire a GPR company? Do you think I am so naïve that I could not come up with that? Thanks for your thoughts. You know that you like to give others on TN a hard time, that seems to be your specialty. You can expect some heat when your in the kitchen.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I know the casket imaging would have come in handy in the past. :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread