🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help identifying “buckle/clip/clasp???” please!!

Zablcrowe

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2021
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day all. Looking to see if anyone can help me identify this find. It’s driving me crazy with all the things I’m thinking of! I believe it is made of copper and is very intricate. It has 7 pentagon shapes (star looking) with circles inside of them with smaller stars throughout. It also has a very detailed rope design running around it. With the notch on one end, it makes me think of some kind of clip or clasp because the opposite side of the “clip“ is folded over and still contains cloth/thread material that was once there. If you were to make a symmetrical side to it, it would make a shield shape. It is 1 3/4” tall by 1 1/8” wide. I cannot tell if it was “punched” or if it was hand made, but I’m going to assume punched as the back has the reverse of the front. It was one time a flat piece of metal that was then hammered or punched so the back has the concave indents that show on the front side. Unfortunately it isn’t quite flat anymore and has been bent at some point while in the ground. (Found in an old field in an area that dates to the late 1700s). This item may end up not being “old” but it is definitely one of the best designed items I have found! Tried to include as much info here as I could, please let me know if I missed anything necessary to identify!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 55

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a very semilar one found a couple years ago in southern Colorado. No one has iD'd it yet
Intrested to know something about it

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 1

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger