What's new

Need help identifying item

Boringrat

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
76
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some work on a excavator and dug up a heavy object around 5-6 feet deep. I believe it's cast iron and probably weighs around 75 pounds. Very heavy for its size. My first thought was some type of metal tomb stone then after some searching online the closest thing I could find was either a fire back or summer cover for a fireplace. But couldn't find a single image that looked just like what I found in any way. It's about 25 inches tall and about 15 inches wide at the base. It does have some type of design in the front but hard to make out. I'm sure someone knows exactly what this is. I was in south Louisiana when I dug this up about 1 mile from Bayou Lafourche if that may help a bit. I'll attach a few pics. Thanks ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874549.359540.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874588.548877.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874637.470776.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874679.844605.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874705.647931.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874731.934100.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456874785.141285.webp
 
Upvote 6
I think you were right on with an antique fireback plate of a bedroom fireplace
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom