What's new

Need help identifying this...................

TominCincy

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3, Shadow X5, Explorer SE, Garret Infinium
I was looking through some old coins and found this. I do not remember where it came from. I was hoping someone here could tell me what it is. It looks like it might be spanish but not sure. The date is 1780. I think is is fake or a copy because it is so shinny. It looks like a fairly new coin. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks..................
 

Attachments

  • spanish.webp
    spanish.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 477
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:

A real enough restrike. :-X Very common as they made many and easily purchased in AU type grades for very little money.

yeah, forgot to mention they kept restiking the same date, odd thing to do I think :icon_scratch:


Yeah never checked what the reason was they produced so many of those. It's still a nice big silver coin even being modern.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
It looks like silver to me. I see some normal yellowing around the edges.
 
Upvote 0
It is silver and the common restrikes can be picked up for around 20 bucks. It's based upon the price of silver. You could get these for 10 - 12 bucks a few years ago.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom