Need help is this a preform bannerstone or not ?

1AB Hunter

Dec 23, 2010
Brownsville KY

Attachments

• MVC-027F.JPG
    MVC-027F.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 681
  • MVC-026F.JPG
    MVC-026F.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 593
  • MVC-025F.JPG
    MVC-025F.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 726
  • MVC-024F.JPG
    MVC-024F.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0
M

mickey

sorry, but i think it is a water-worn piece of brick. don't feel bad. i would have picked it up, too!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not so fast mickey. I have found a lot of bricks in creeks and along the river and I've never seen one that was water worn like that.

It looks to me like the start of a Banner that just never was finished and probably would have ended up like the one on the bottom left in the first picture or the one in the second picture.

Bannerstones2.jpg

wings.jpg

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I think SRV got it right, just considering the process a stone would go through to reach the finished product. :dontknow: cool find!!

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
SRV said:
Not so fast mickey. I have found a lot of bricks in creeks and along the river and I've never seen one that was water worn like that.

It looks to me like the start of a Banner that just never was finished and probably would have ended up like the one on the bottom left in the first picture or the one in the second picture.

Bannerstones2.jpg

wings.jpg
Im with steve on this one,If it is a brick it would have had to been broke on each end at the same place,too symmetrical for me to go with broken brick but i guess it could happen once in a 100,000 broken bricks. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
1AB Hunter

1AB Hunter

Dec 23, 2010
Brownsville KY
Thanks guys I never thought about a brick but it could be but it is very symetrical. We have a show in Bowling Green I believe in August I will take it there and let some people see it. I am still leaning toward preform because of general location to this camp site

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
1AB Hunter said:
Thanks guys I never thought about a brick but it could be but it is very symetrical. We have a show in Bowling Green I believe in August I will take it there and let some people see it. I am still leaning toward preform because of general location to this camp site

Hey Hunter, when is the Bowling Green show in August? I live in Hopkinsville and would be interested in coming if I am off from work. Would love to meet some fellow hunters. thanks

OP
OP
1AB Hunter

1AB Hunter

Dec 23, 2010
Brownsville KY
The show is from 8-26 thru 8-28 at Sloan Convention Center Off Scottsville Rd in Bowling Green. Would like to meet fellow Treasure Net Members. Peachy is from here also

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
1AB Hunter said:
The show is from 8-26 thru 8-28 at Sloan Convention Center Off Scottsville Rd in Bowling Green. Would like to meet fellow Treasure Net Members. Peachy is from here also

I just happened to be off that weekend. Would like to come on Saturday. Hope to see everyone there!!

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
1AB Hunter said:
It is a very interesting piece. I bet most of us have viewed it over and over wondering what/which it could be! Be sure to let us know what they say at the show! :icon_thumright:

F

Felinepeachy

Dave, I'm bringing my shiny stone too. The one I showed you.

We should all meet up for lunch

PS I don't think that's a brick

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are showing both sides of this piece in your pictures then it is for certain a Preform Banner. Look under magnification and see if there are consistent grinding marks (straight lines but everywhere). IF there are then you have one....................GTP

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 long could be a kiln fired core of a brick. If not maybe it is a preform bannerstone. Looks kiln fired to me. Silly as it sounds but tapping it should help determine wether it is a rock or brick. They would not make an atatl weight out of 2 soft a material wood they? Cool find! Be curious what the hands on experts say. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread