🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help understand this please!! ID...

aziz

Nov 10, 2023
Hello everyvody!! Can someone give me an idea what is this and if it has a velue or not ?
20220719_215905.jpg
20220719_215915.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet

I don't think it's a universal calendar. It looks to me like a Qibla compass, used to determine the direction of Mecca wherever a Muslim person might be in the world, so that they could face towards the holy city at times of prayer. Looks to be missing the directional 'needle'' from the centre hub.

The green image of is of the Kaaba in Mecca and has an alignment mark above it to point in the direction of the shrine once you turn the compass round to get geographical alignment according to where you are at the time.

I doubt that it has very much monetary value, except insofar as the case might be silver.

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet

I don't think it's a universal calendar. It looks to me like Qibla compass, used to determine the direction of Mecca wherever a Muslim person might be in the world, so that they could face towards the holy city at times of prayer. Looks to be missing the directional 'needle'' from the centre hub.

The green image of is of the Kaaba in Mecca and has an alignment mark above it to point in the direction of the shrine once you turn the compass round to get geographical alignment according to where you are at the time.

I doubt that it has very much monetary value, except insofar as the case might be silver.

As Red-Coat said. Here's newer version of a Qibla......

20231208_173109.jpg

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread