What's new

Need help with bottle

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a mold blown glass bottle measuring 13 inches in height and 4 inches wide. Seam stops at shoulders. Not seeing this as a decorative piece. Any opinions appreciated
 
Any reason why.......would like to know.....just the look not applied top polished Pontil.....what reasons
 
Upvote 0
I don't think its very old either. In the old days, they would have freaked out with a neck and rim like that - it would low end for sure, the shape and color do not match up to anything 19th century and I see no wear on it from the pictures you posted. It is a neat example of art glass, however.
 
Upvote 0
Or the maker lol........but I have seen some very crude onion bottles
 
Upvote 0
Still and interesting looking bottle! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I wouldn't be surprised if that is a modern fantasy piece made in Taiwan. For some reason the glass makers of fantasy pieces there used that specific color a lot.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom